INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRemote Android search capability question  (Read 474 times)

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
JRemote Android search capability question
« on: November 29, 2022, 04:24:47 am »

I use JRemote2 for Android on a Samsung phone and JRemote for iOS on an iPad.

The search functionality seems not to be identical for these two apps and I am surprised that there’s no one making an issue of that on this forum.

On the iOS app, search is centralized. Enter your text and you get responsive artists, albums, and individual tracks nicely itemized and displayed on a scrollable screen.

In contrast, the Android search function appears crippled.  Unless I am missing something, you can search only within a single category, i.e., within the artist listing, the album listing, or the genres.  As there is no individual track listing category, you can’t search for a song title at all.

The old third-party app, EOS, could do a universal search like the iOS one (as well as searches within a display category), so this functionality clearly can be implemented in Android.

Please let me know if there is available utility that I have failed to discover and appreciate.

DJLegba

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRemote Android search capability question
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2022, 04:47:49 am »

Check out the Android app MO 4Media, which has a terrific search implementation.

Mike Rubin

• World Citizen
Re: JRemote Android search capability question
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2022, 12:01:29 pm »

@djlegba, thanks. I found it when searching the Play store last night and bought a license just a few minutes ago.  It isn't pretty, but you are correct about the search capability. 

Maybe JRiver will throw some money at JRemote2 and get it on par with the iOS version, EOS, and MO 4Media. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up