INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV recordings problems  (Read 1456 times)

piccoloconte

• Junior Woodchuck
TV recordings problems
« on: November 29, 2022, 10:19:49 am »

Hi, I have a problem with the TV, when I record a program some channels are not seen, the message "I am waiting for the stop signal"...
I have a hauppauge quad tv
I have attached log
Thank you

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV recordings problems
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 07:47:58 pm »

The file you attached to your post does not contain an actual log file.  It only contains "System Info.txt", which tells me that you are using MC29.0.87.  Do you have trouble with certain channels only during recording?  Are you able to watch the channel without recording?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

piccoloconte

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2022, 09:53:05 am »

Yes, I only have problems with registration.
Look at the log file now...
it won't let me upload it
Thank you

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2022, 05:29:35 pm »

Yes, I only have problems with registration.
Look at the log file now...
it won't let me upload it
Thank you

Log files that are too large can not be uploaded.  You can email it to me.  yaobing at jriver

piccoloconte

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2022, 09:02:12 am »

Mail sent Thank you

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2022, 01:53:05 pm »

Mail sent Thank you

Received (but I have not read it yet).

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2022, 10:43:01 am »

I checked the log file and did not find any issues.

I found three attempted TV recordings, all seemed to have completed normally:

1. November 30, at 22.05 (program start was 22:15, so the recording started 10 minutes early), and finished 1 hour 6 minutes later.

2. November 30, at 23:09 (program start was 23:10, so the recording started 1 minute early), and finished 1 hour 6 minutes later.

3. December 1, at 15:59 (program start was 16:09, so the recording started 10 minutes early), and finished 50 minutes later.

The first two recordings were on the same channel, and different episodes of the same show.  The 3rd recording was a different one.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2022, 10:55:11 am »

"I am waiting for the stop signal"...

I think this should be "Waiting for signal to lock...".  Sometimes the meaning of the messages get messed up due to translation.

This message means the tuner is having a hard time tuning to the request channel. 

There are two possible reasons for this:
1. The channel has weak signal.  You may be able to verify this by trying to tune to it using a different software, or using an actual TV set directly.
2. The channel parameters are incorrect.  This could happen if the TV station changed its parameters.  If that is the case, you should try re-doing channel scanning, or manually change the parameters (if you know the correct parameters).

piccoloconte

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2022, 04:29:37 pm »

Forgive me but I insist that I have a problem, watch the video as soon as it is available, it shows two recordings in progress and as you can see some channels are no longer seen. The signal is good, the same channels are seen well with normal TV.
Thank you

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Wjik9YAxyqua2u7kd8q13hw3ZYr6ghc1/view?usp=share_link

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2022, 09:31:59 pm »

The title of your post is "TV recordings problems".  So I concentrated on looking at log entries related to recordings and found three instances of recordings that seemed to have succeeded.

You latest video shows that while you had two recordings going on, you tried to watch a channel.  And you had trouble tuning to some channels, like channel 2, channel 4, etc.  You got error message "Attendo segnale di fermo".

Now I think we are on the same page.  My last post therefore was relevant.  You said the signal is good, but you did not say whether your channels parameters are correct.  Did you try re-scanning the channels?

Also, are those channels, such as "Rai 2 HD" encrypted?  I don't know how European TV system works.  It seems that DVB-T channels should not be encrypted, but I ask the question just in case they are.  We can not support encrypted channels.

piccoloconte

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2022, 12:15:57 am »

Hi, the channels are not encrypted, I tried to redo the channel scan, uninstall mc completely and start from scratch but without success. I don't know what else to do...
Thank you

piccoloconte

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2022, 01:55:22 am »

I made you another video, you can see that with dvbviewer and with two recordings running the channels continue to be viewed without problems

https://drive.google.com/file/d/14wCIq1p0gJ_tPT3LJopflNbkVb1diL_r/view?usp=share_link

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2022, 06:51:04 am »

Check the cable connection (from antenna to the tuner cards).  Tighten it if it is loose.  Sometimes the cable gets loose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up