INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display help  (Read 330 times)

DotJun

• Recent member
Display help
« on: December 06, 2022, 04:19:41 am »

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a display or sorting issue? I'm not even sure if what I want to do is possible.

My problem lies with the display name for a group of movies within a group and how they sort. My example is with the James Bond movies:

1. I have all of the James Bond movies tagged as a series called James Bond.
2. I then group those movies up into sub groups based on the actor that plays James Bond by giving a value in "Season". For example, Daniel Craig is tagged with: James Bond for the series and Daniel Craig for Season.
3. In order for me to have them displayed in the order I want them in I have to name the Season with a number, in this case I use the year of the first movie in each sub group. Example: "(1962) Sean Connery" would have all the Sean Connery movies in them while "(1973) Roger Moore" would have all the Roger Moore movies in them.

This works out fine but I do not like having to see the Year in front of the Actor in the displayed name. Is there a way for me to not display that part of the name or is there a better way for me to handle sorting for the sub groups?

Manfred

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Display help
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 05:17:30 am »

I have also all James Bond movies tagged as movies and Series (James Bond) but I have used the Season Flag to group them: "No time to die" is then Season 24 and "Dr. No" is Season 1.
WS (AMD Ryzen 7 5700G, 32 GB DDR4-3200, 2x2 TB SDD, LG 34UC98-W)-USB|ADI-2 DAC FS|Canton AM5 - File Server (i3-3.9 GHz, 16GB ECC DDR4-2400, 46 TB disk space) - Media Renderer (i3-3.8 GHz, 8GB DDR4-2133, GTX 960)-USB|Devialet D220 Pro|Audeze LCD 2|B&W 804S|LG 4K OLED )

DotJun

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 06:22:19 am »

I'm so sorry, I don't know why I typed in episode when I meant Season. I will edit my original post to reflect it.

DotJun

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 06:26:27 am »

I have also all James Bond movies tagged as movies and Series (James Bond) but I have used the Season Flag to group them: "No time to die" is then Season 24 and "Dr. No" is Season 1.

So the way yours works though is that all the James Bond movie files are displayed under the James Bond group. Mine is setup so that when you go into the James Bond group you will then see more groups that are labeled with the actor names. You then select one of those sub groups and that is when you will see the movies specific to only what I have tagged in its associated Season name.
Pages: [1]   Go Up