INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Album art "failed to load from inside file" and file will not play now.  (Read 521 times)

RickWyler

• Recent member

I just noticed today that my album art isn't loading for a couple files.  This is the message I see when I click on the album art under Edit/Tag.  The album art loads in MC27 but not in 28 and 29.  Any ideas out there?  BTW, "Rebuild Thumbnail" didn't work. Oh and I just tried to play the files and I get this:  Something went wrong with playback.  Details:  The file could not be opened for read access (error 0).  Check permissions, ownership, and that the file is not in use by another program.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Album art "failed to load from inside file" and file will not play now.
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2022, 06:31:03 pm »

It sounds like the file might have a permissions issue.  Do <right click on file> Locate > On disk (external).  That will show the file in Finder.  Then examine the file.  Use Get Info (command-I in finder) to see ownership and permissions.

If your file has moved locations it might have funny permissions.  Or it might no longer be where MC thinks it is.  Either way doing locate will give you more info.

Brian.

RickWyler

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2022, 07:45:07 pm »

Thank you!  MC thinks the "weird" files are located in the Downloads folder rather than My Music.  I wonder how (why) the location was changed.  I've copied my two songs from the My Music location and now everything is back to normal.  I didn't notice the issue until today because they are Christmas songs that only get played once or twice a year. 

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2022, 08:34:18 pm »

Glad to hear you got it working.  :)

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up