INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why won't my tracks sort by track number when playing?!  (Read 549 times)

jcclow

Why won't my tracks sort by track number when playing?!
« on: December 06, 2022, 08:07:22 pm »

Why can't I drag files from Windows Explorer into JRiver and have them play in the order they are on the album?! They are tagged perfectly! I have been tagging music for well over 20 years in Foobar and with MP3Tag for at least the last seven years. When I drag them into EVERY OTHER PLAYER they play in perfect track order! If I drag in multiple albums and then sort by album, select only the tracks in the album, and try to sort by track by clicking the track # button, it sorts every track by number, so I have 3 track 1, 3 track 2, 3 track 3.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Why won't my tracks sort by track number when playing?!
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2022, 07:47:47 am »

I drag three albums from Explorer into MC and they show up properly.  Each album is grouped together and sorted by track number.

Do your files have a discrete album value?

Sorting by Track # obviously won't work since that will mix the albums, but I'm not sure why you would do that.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

zybex

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2022, 08:53:51 am »

Just click on the Track# header to sort by track and THEN click on Album. This will make Album the primary Sort, and Track the secondary one. Most apps with multi-column sort work the same way.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2022, 12:21:54 pm »

and... just checking... "shuffle" in MC is definately off, yes?

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2022, 05:11:52 pm »

I get the exact same thing as Matt… I can drag as many albums as I want to playing now, and they automatically group by album and are sorted in track order without doing anything extra.  Even better, I can multiple select as many albums as I want, right-click, and then select Play in Media Center from the context menu, and it begins playing with everything ordered exactly as the OP desires - all without even having to perform a drag-and-drop.

Sounds like the OP probably has shuffle pre-selected prior to the drag-and-drop as Marko noted. If that is the case, either: 1) turn off shuffle prior to the drag-and-drop, or as zybex noted 2) click the Track# header first, then the Album name header to get them to group/sort as desired.
Pages: [1]   Go Up