INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Parental control/restrict content for clients  (Read 885 times)

ajp_anton

• Junior Woodchuck
Parental control/restrict content for clients
« on: July 31, 2020, 05:46:15 pm »

I have a media server streaming content to multiple client computers. Is it possible to restrict what content is available for the different clients?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?

RoderickGI

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Parental control/restrict content for clients
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2020, 07:45:15 pm »

Also "Options > Media Network > Set rules for included files" which control which files the MC Server will serve to all Clients. Maybe the rules could include MC User.
What specific version of MC you are running:MC27.0.27 @ Oct 27, 2020 and updating regularly Jim!                        MC Release Notes: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Release_Notes
What OS(s) and Version you are running:     Windows 10 Pro 64bit Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.572).
The JRMark score of the PC with an issue:    JRMark (version 26.0.52 64 bit): 3419
Important relevant info about your environment:     
  Using the HTPC as a MC Server & a Workstation as a MC Client plus some DLNA clients.
  Running JRiver for Android, JRemote2, Gizmo, & MO 4Media on a Sony Xperia XZ Premium Android 9.
  Playing video out to a Sony 65" TV connected via HDMI, playing digital audio out via motherboard sound card, PCIe TV tuner

isu1992

• Recent member
Re: Parental control/restrict content for clients
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2022, 12:20:36 pm »

I'm using separate users to control what my kids have access to in MC and it would be very helpful to be able to use a PIN off a remote control as a password when I wanted to jump back to my user so I wouldn't have to stop using the remote....go get the keyboard and type in the password.   Is there a way to use say use the numbers off an IR remote control as a password for a particular user?
Thanks!   
Pages: [1]   Go Up