INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 3D on AMD -- Can't seem to get this working?  (Read 854 times)

cjfournier

3D on AMD -- Can't seem to get this working?
« on: January 08, 2023, 11:12:26 am »

I'm keen to become a JRiver customer, but I'm struggling to find the right options or combination of software bits that gets 3D working properly on my rig.

I have an i5-4690 -based PC (8GB RAM) with an AMD R9 390 (8GB RAM), plugged into an Optoma HD33. The goal is to be able to play 3D blu-rays, having the player automatically kick the projector to 3D mode akin to hardware player.

I found the following article that brought me to JRiver; While the projector pivots into 3D mode and the glass shutters come on, the video stutters badly and there's no 3D.

(https://www.avsforum.com/threads/new-powerdvd20-no-longer-supports-3d.3137672/)

I believe my PC is powerful enough, and my desktop controls show a '3D display mode' toggle, suggesting the driver sees the capability from the projector.

On different run attempts, it looks like something crashes and the display will sometimes flash intermittently. I note when this happens, the '3D display mode' toggle disappears. That leads me to believe it could be a driver issue.

I'm running the latest driver for this card (radeon 22.6.1), but I'm wondering if anyone has had success doing 3D on AMD and what combination worked?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

cjfournier

Re: 3D on AMD -- Can't seem to get this working?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 04:24:43 pm »

So, I understand now that the issue lay with madVR -- I got it working to point that 3D would kick in, but now I'm experiencing the same issue described by pharmtech78 (https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,132585.0.html)

Weirdly, the stall/flicker only happens in the left eye, where two images flip back and forth (unless, the mouse pointer is brought up to the progress bar, where it will "catch up")

Guess I'll have to head over to doom9 (per other post) and see if there's a solution
Pages: [1]   Go Up