INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Any people here using an Anamorphic lens with madvrs stretch?  (Read 2074 times)

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Any people here using an Anamorphic lens with madvrs stretch?
« on: December 07, 2022, 11:08:13 pm »

Ive been having a nightmare setting this up....
I once had it all working in 2019 then decided to go back to my JVC to do the stretch. Now after all these years I want to do the stretch through madvr again but I lost the settings I had. Are there any people here who can help me please? I dont not want to use anything else except madvr.

I have screen shots of my profiles Ive made and all the settings but wont bother to post them unless there is someone who can help.

Much appreciated.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
Re: Any people here using an Anamorphic lens with madvrs stretch?
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2022, 03:08:52 am »

The previous thread is still accurate, the way to configure this hasn't changed

https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=119098.0

i.e. tell madvr to do a 4/3 stretch and zoom black bars, use profiles to switch between 16:9 and scope automatically

murray

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2022, 11:56:36 am »

Hi Matt

Many thanks for getting back. Ive been doing everything exactly the same as the old post which I found a few days ago and I copied the instutions again from 2019 but it doesnt work. mightyhun last night said he tested on the last madvr build which is the same I use and said there looks to be a bug with the last version. I dont quite understand his work round though.

We never used a "rule" in the past that I can remember???

https://www.avsforum.com/threads/madvr-player-support-thread.2215490/page-383#post-62166911

regards
Murray

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2022, 12:53:03 pm »

You would always have needed a profile, how you activated the profile is another question. I use the built in profile language for this (something like ana > 2.2). I don't know why you would do it manually.

murray

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2022, 01:00:56 pm »

Hi Matt

Your question of why would I do it manually is the same one you mentioned in 2019, let me explain....

I dont want it to do the changes automatically, Im old school and an X cinema projectionist of more than 35 years and I want to be in control of my shows. I make up playlists with trailers shorts etc etc and I operate the aspect ratios when I need to (from my ipad) with one button press which changes the auto stop masking, stretch, cineslide etc etc....

As I want to do it this way can you give me an example please how I would do so with the profile language as this is an erea I know nothing about. Im 70 and the clock is ticking so some of this stuff goes beyond me sorry.

Is there a rule I have to put on this page for me to operate it manually?

regards
Murray

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2022, 04:28:43 pm »

I get the bit about controlling everything else but not automating the stretch implies there is content which has black bars but you want to keep them and not stretch. I don't think I have come across such content (as far as I recall), do you have that problem?

Those rules *only* apply if you want to automate it. I think if you want to use a keyboard shortcut then you just set that instead (not used that feature personally)

murray

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2022, 04:44:56 pm »

I get the bit about controlling everything else but not automating the stretch implies there is content which has black bars but you want to keep them and not stretch. I don't think I have come across such content (as far as I recall), do you have that problem?

Those rules *only* apply if you want to automate it. I think if you want to use a keyboard shortcut then you just set that instead (not used that feature personally)

There is obviously a bug using stretch on madvr 92.17 the last version thats not beta. mightyhun has pointed this out to me and said he found a work round but I still cant get it to work with his work round. see here. https://www.avsforum.com/threads/madvr-player-support-thread.2215490/page-383#post-62168468

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2022, 01:29:48 am »

Why are you using such an old version?

murray

« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2022, 01:32:35 am »

Why are you using such an old version?
Its the last version that we dont have to update all the time and many use this version. The only other newer versions are the beta ones and many dont want those as they expire all the time.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2022, 01:33:40 am »

Just use the last non expiring beta (as I do), b113

murray

« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2022, 01:35:10 am »

Thats the one I use.

murray

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2022, 01:41:45 am »

I use 113 I dont know what a b113 is, can you point me to that please?
What is different between 113 and b113?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2022, 04:15:32 am »

B means beta so it seems we're talking about the same thing

You said you were using the last official release previously (which is not beta 113)

murray

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2022, 02:43:25 pm »

You said you were using the last official release previously (which is not beta 113)

my madvr version is v0.92.17 and I have 113 added

murray

« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2022, 03:17:19 pm »

my madvr version is v0.92.17 and I have 113 added

Both mightyhun and I are using exactly the same versions and he too has tested this and confirmed there is a bug in the "A" stretch under screen config. When you activate the 4/3 stretch nothing changes, the inage should stretch up elongated. Also you should have the profile name presented in the top left hand corner as all profiles made present, its blank.

Im using keyboard stroke (1) for scope and (2) for normal 16:9. Activating 1 or 2 changes nothing, no notification top left of the screen and no stretch, both of us have confirmed this. Look at the images. The last one is what the 4/3 stretch should do but it doesnt.

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2022, 05:09:00 pm »

Seems to work for me with both the toggle option or activate individual profile option

murray

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2022, 05:10:53 pm »

Seems to work for me with both the toggle option or activate individual profile option
so you are on v0.92.17 and 113?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2022, 01:22:59 am »

Yes

murray

« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2022, 01:28:59 am »

Yes

Very strange.... wont work for me.
mightyhun had so many problems also trying to get it to work then out of the blue it finally did work for him.
I sent him my bin file and he made some adjustments to it, we cleared the registory under his instructions, reloaded his bin file and still it wont work for us. We have now done this three times and still it wont work. Something is wrong here..... Three days on this and now we have given up Im sorry to say....
https://www.avsforum.com/threads/madvr-player-support-thread.2215490/page-384#post-62171661

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2022, 02:44:58 am »

worked immediately for me without doing anything special

my guess is that something else is eating your keyboard shortcuts

did you try in a different player? e.g. mpc-be
what keyboard shortcuts did you set? did you try different ones? did you try different windows having the focus when doing this? which window has the focus when you tried?

you might have tried all that already of course but it's the things I'd fiddle with if I were you

murray

« Reply #20 on: December 10, 2022, 11:28:15 am »

worked immediately for me without doing anything special

my guess is that something else is eating your keyboard shortcuts

did you try in a different player? e.g. mpc-be
what keyboard shortcuts did you set? did you try different ones? did you try different windows having the focus when doing this? which window has the focus when you tried?

you might have tried all that already of course but it's the things I'd fiddle with if I were you

Ive tried many different keyboard shortcuts over and over for three days...... All my other profiles I use have other keyboard short cuts and they work fine. When you use a profile with a shortcut its name pops up in the top left of the screen but it doesnt activate for anything under projector / screen config (4/3)

Its like that whole area under proj is dead... Ive even renamed it a TV and still it wont work!

I have three profiles under enhancements using 3,4 and 5, they all work and when activated show in the top left of the screen.

Screen config is always dead!

Ive tested "madvr have focus" on and off, doesnt help.

I havent tested another player I use MC29, is that the same one you use?

Im not sure how I test another player sorry  ?

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2022, 11:35:47 am »

I use mc30

Does the madvr debug osd keyboard shortcut work? i.e. you can use the keyboard to see madvr stats

murray

« Reply #22 on: December 10, 2022, 11:48:13 am »

I use mc30

Does the madvr debug osd keyboard shortcut work? i.e. you can use the keyboard to see madvr stats
Do you mean ctrl + J, if so that works.

The notification shows top left of screen for the zoom as we have to use that in conjuction with the screen config 4/3 page. As a test I turn that off, as soon as I do there is never a notification for the screen config 4/3 page. Plus the stretch just doesnt work at all from that page.

Ive been using 1 for scope and 2 for 16:9 on both pages (screen config & zoom) for the four profiles. Plus Ive reversed then scope = 2 and 16:9 = 1, still doesnt show as a notification in the top left of screen. For me using a profile in devices just doesnt work at all :(

Could it be MC29 causing the issue?
If so why under devices but no other area of madvr??

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2022, 11:55:52 am »

if other keyboard shortcuts work then I have no idea why these specific ones don't

murray

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2022, 03:57:03 am »

if other keyboard shortcuts work then I have no idea why these specific ones don't
Matt can I ask you is your prog a 1080 or 4K display?

Ive had some good news and some bad....

I tested MC25 and MC30 with my JVC NZ9 and still I cant get the profiles under Device to activate, they behave the same as my MC29 version.

However I thought I would test MC 29 and 30 in my office with that PC and monitor and now the device section activates in both versions....

The only thing I can think that may stop it in my HT is I have two displays, my proj JVC NZ9 in the cinema and a monitor above the rack in the cinema foyer. From the PC I go into a Vertex and split one HDMI out direct to the proj, the other HDMI out from the Vertex to my MC Intosh MX160 processor and its HDMI out to the foyer monitor.

Maybe the Vertex or the two displays is stopping the Device section of madvr to not activate :(

Do you have any further thoughts?

Many thanks....

mattkhan

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2022, 04:16:26 am »

Matt can I ask you is your prog a 1080 or 4K display?
I have a JVC nx7 so it's a 4k display, it's the only thing connected to this machine
Pages: [1]   Go Up