INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Events in 1880 - and a Christmas Toast!  (Read 630 times)

jmone

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • I won! I won!
Events in 1880 - and a Christmas Toast!
« on: December 22, 2022, 02:53:54 pm »

I got given an 1880 Port (the real deal, vintage was sometime in the 1880's then finally bottled in 2002).  The plan is to drink it over Christmas with Family and Friends, but of potential interest to this forum is the events of 1880's that included the first commercial produced phonographs and the the first ever movie shown by Edison in Menlo Park NJ.   JimH has fond memories of this :)  This Port has seen a lot of history in it's life.

Merry Christmas and have a great New Year!
JRiver CEO Elect

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Events in 1880 - and a Christmas Toast!
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2022, 05:01:08 pm »

I got given an 1880 Port (the real deal, vintage was sometime in the 1880's then finally bottled in 2002).  The plan is to drink it over Christmas with Family and Friends, but of potential interest to this forum is the events of 1880's that included the first commercial produced phonographs and the the first ever movie shown by Edison in Menlo Park NJ.   JimH has fond memories of this :)  This Port has seen a lot of history in it's life.

Merry Christmas and have a great New Year!

Vintage port is a pearl of great price, I can only imagine how amazing a bottle that must be.  The oldest port I've had was from the 1950's and that was a treat.  You should certainly use your phonograph while you're drinking.  Let us know how it is when you open it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up