INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: IPOD SUPPORT  (Read 37883 times)

Kurt Young

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Tastes like crab, talks like people.
Re: IPOD SUPPORT
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2003, 07:48:14 pm »

Aye, but also note... even if I don't touch anything, it still happens to me.  That is, I plug in, right-click, hit sync, and hit OK using all of the last-used options and selected playlists.

Let's say, for sake of argument, that in build .100 everything was fine.  Then, in build .101, this bug was introduced.  It has affected everyone who's changed smartlists since build .100, but for people like Adam, who haven't changed their selected playlists/options since build .100, it doesn't appear.  Then, Adam changes his smartlists and gets hit with it.  Just a theory, of course.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2003, 06:19:34 am »

Kurt, I think your theory is right on.  I haven't changed my smartlists in ages.  I do a sync everyday to update the contents of the smartlists w/a fresh batch of tunes, but I've never changed which lists to sync until yesterday when the bug bit me on the proverbial iPod a$$.   ;D

Adam

SteveG

« Reply #152 on: February 17, 2003, 08:11:27 am »

Everyone,

I found a bug that was introduced with the .aa file support. Sorry. It is fixed and will be posted later.

In the meantime, can y'all help user Nitram who has the following question (moved from the MJ 8 thread)......

Is it possible to "convert" my Mac-iPod to an Windows-iPod?
A reformat of the iPod to FAT32 might be possible, but the IPod needs a different firmware, i guess.

Right or wrong??

Kurt Young

« Reply #153 on: February 17, 2003, 10:40:06 am »

Full instructions, written by yours truly, for converting your MacPod into a WinniePod can be found here.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

SteveG

« Reply #154 on: February 17, 2003, 12:23:57 pm »

Thanks Kurt.

Everyone,

A new Plug-in(v.9.0.03) is posted that I hope will make the Playlist bug go away.

Thanks.

Steve

Kurt Young

« Reply #155 on: February 17, 2003, 12:59:15 pm »

Bad news

I got the new .03 plugin, but still no playlists.  I synched without changing any selected playlists or options... Just installed .03, plugged in, loaded MC, and began sync.

What's more, the iPod is saying that it has 0 songs.  All the GB are taken up like they should, but 0 songs.  In the playlists list, the blank playlist is still there.

So, I plugged back in, to do a restore and try again, and I got hit with an "IRQ_NOT_LESS" bluescreen the second the iPod was mounted.  I'm about to try again, but I'm scared now, ;)

Here's the dump file:

http://pimpin-seattle.d2g.com/images/mjipod/Mini021703-01.dmp

EDIT:  Whew!  No bluescreen.  I ran the restore program and restored my iPod.  In the process of synching now... I'll update in an hour or so and let you know how it goes.
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

nitram

• Recent member
  • Gruezi!
Re: IPOD SUPPORT (iPod, Xplay and MJ)
« Reply #156 on: February 17, 2003, 01:20:53 pm »

I installed XPlay and my Mac-iPod is available as driverletter now. It's no problem to copy the mp3-files to the iPod.  

The playlists from MJ and the iPod are not compatible.  I would be nice to copy my MJ-playlist to the iPod.

Any chance to get this work? If not, i will convert my Mac-iPod in a winnie-Pod

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #157 on: February 17, 2003, 04:51:37 pm »

Steve,

re Reply 145 dated 2/14. I've been out of town for four days. I'll look at it tonight and see if the problem continues with the new builds.

Thanks. ;D

John
Thank you,

John

Kurt Young

« Reply #158 on: February 17, 2003, 05:32:27 pm »

As promised, here's my update:  DOH!!

After posting the above, I took my iPod out and listened to it for a while.  Brought it home, synched it.  I'm left with one blank playlist and "0 songs" reported in the About screen.  Nothing is browsable.   :'(

The plugin verifies that I'm using v9.0.03.  
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #159 on: February 17, 2003, 06:02:15 pm »

I've got build 114, with the 9.0.03 plugin, and I have to reformat each time to synch properly  (like Kurt mentioned earlier).  If I resynch, the playlists are gone.  Most (but not all) of my songs are gone too.  If I reformat and then synch, everything is perfect.

On the previous build,  (113 and the 9.0.02 plugin), I initially thought everything was working fine when I resynched, but I found out at the gym today   (after a resynch last night), that while all my playlists where indeed there, and appeared to have the correct number of songs in each one, they were the wrong songs...

hshrader

« Reply #160 on: February 17, 2003, 11:05:57 pm »

Newbie here....I have been following the posts and will continue.  The discussion is most enlightening.

Would anyone consider posting  or keeping track of some simple conclusions? For instance, should one remove a previous version before upgrading or write over it.  Is a plug-in still necessary?  Will a new plugin work well with an older version of MC?  With the length of the discussion and the frequency of the builds, it is difficult to keep track.  

On a personal note, i hope the .aa issue is fixed soon.

SteveG

« Reply #161 on: February 18, 2003, 08:19:11 am »

Everyone,

New IPOD Plug-in (9.0.04).

The recent problems are side effects of trying to get .aa support added. The solution, for now, is that .aa files temporarily may not play, but everything should return to normal.  

In surveying other players, here is what I found. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Ephpod - plays .aa. However, try the following test...

Upload an .aa file to iPod. Upload 2 .mp3 files. Upload another .aa file.

For me, this test will always result in the second .aa file not playing on iPod. This is the same behavior that exists in recent plugins in MC. Try uploading just .aa files with Ephpod or MC and all should work fine.

Musicmatch and Xplay do not support .aa files and iPod.

If anyone knows of a solution that works well for .aa and iPod, let me know and it might shorten my search for a solution to this problem.

Nitram,

We do not currently support Mac formatted iPods with MC because we do not have one and have not tested it. If you want Playlist support and can, go Windows format.

Steve

bmp

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #162 on: February 18, 2003, 02:26:50 pm »

new mc .15 and new plugin .4 but the playlist problem lives on for me.  

SteveG

« Reply #163 on: February 19, 2003, 09:40:41 am »

bmp,

Can you check and be sure you do not have the synchronize check box for "All Files" selected?

I just installed on a clean XP and everything worked great.

Steve

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #164 on: February 19, 2003, 04:23:55 pm »

I have been very busy in the last couple of weeks, so I couldn't post but my problem with synch keeps going on. I can't synch. everytime I do it, MC 9 crashes with a "stream data error". The only way to circumvent it is to restore IPOD with the apple software and re-upload all of the 3,800 or something songs. I am running plug-in 9.0.04 and downloaded the last version of MC9 available on the site to no avail. Is there any data that I need to provide to help you - MC9 says, before crashing, that is generating a log file error. I can't use MC9 with my IPOD if every time I try to synch it, because I have one new song on my hard disk, I will need to upload my entire library of songs.

System info follows:

Media Jukebox PLUS 9.0.105 -- C:\Arquivos de programas\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
AMD Duron 892 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 245 MB, Free - 105 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINNT\Media\Utopia - exclamação.WAV

Burning /  Drive E: HP       CD-Writer+ 9300    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:10  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Kurt Young

« Reply #165 on: February 19, 2003, 08:31:15 pm »

Woot!  Triple woot!

I downloaded .116 just now and synched my iPod.  Looks good so far!  All playlists are intact and populated.  Woot!!  Gonna do it some more to see if it lasts, ;)

BTW, for all users... all I did was download .116; I did NOT download a plugin from the plugins page.

Function Check:
  • Changes to tags (tested with "Genre" tag):  Synced
  • Changes to playlists (including new and deleted playlists): synced

I would love it if it could sync when I plugged in.  Just plug in and off it goes.   ;)
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

SteveG

« Reply #166 on: February 20, 2003, 04:17:53 am »

AlexBrasil,

You are running an older version of MC. Please get the latest at...

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=beta;action=display;num=1045697885

IDSmoker

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #167 on: February 20, 2003, 07:39:25 am »

<snip>
If anyone knows of a solution that works well for .aa and iPod, let me know and it might shorten my search for a solution to this problem.

<snip>

Steve,

Over the weekend I used 113 and 03 (I think), to do some tests, following your previous suggestion of using smaller playlists.

I used 3 smartlists, 2 music lists and 1 Audible "Books" list.

I adjusted the order the lists were transferred by changing the names of the lists (since MC9 seems to sync lists in alphabetically order).

What I found is that if either of the music lists were transferred before the "Books" list, I ended up with no playlists on the iPod.

As long as the "Books" list was the first one to transfer, everything worked correctly.

After confirming that re-syncing caused all lists to dissappear, all of my tests involved a "Format" before attempting to sync.

After I repeated these efforts (with identical results) enough times to satisfy myself, I did a full sync, and everything worked correctly!

As long as I remember to make sure that my "Books" smartlist is first in an alphabetically sorted list of my iPod lists, everything transfers great!

Hope this helps.

SteveG

« Reply #168 on: February 20, 2003, 11:05:56 am »

IDSmoker,

Please get MC 9.0.117.  This should fix the playlist issue, but not the .aa problem.  There is definitely a problem with iPod playing .aa files unless they are the first ones in the Database. I am able to duplicate this with Ephpod as well. I know of no other program that supports .aa files on iPod. I will work to fix this once everyone gets back to normal with 9.0.117.

Steve

IDSmoker

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #169 on: February 21, 2003, 06:55:23 am »

IDSmoker,

Please get MC 9.0.117.  This should fix the playlist issue, but not the .aa problem.  There is definitely a problem with iPod playing .aa files unless they are the first ones in the Database. I am able to duplicate this with Ephpod as well. I know of no other program that supports .aa files on iPod. I will work to fix this once everyone gets back to normal with 9.0.117.

Steve

Steve,

I'll do my weekly iPod update this weekend with whatever the latest release is at the time, and let you know what I find.

If the '.aa' file order issue is yet another problem with the Windows iPod firmware, we'll have to wait for Apple to get around to fixing it... don't hold your breathe.

In the meantime, the only application I know of that supports Audible files, besides Ephpod and MC9, is iTunes.  Not much help, but can anyone confirm whether or not this problem occurs with Audible files uploaded to a Mac iPod with iTunes?

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #170 on: February 21, 2003, 07:08:37 am »

Steve:

Just like to confirm that the playlist problem is history for me as well.

Using MC .118

Adam

P.S. YIPEE!!!!   ;D ;D

SteveG

« Reply #171 on: February 21, 2003, 07:29:43 am »

Adam,

Thanks for the report.

Happy Podding.

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #172 on: February 22, 2003, 08:20:20 am »

It didn't work. I am using the new build, the latest version of the plug-in and I keep receiving "data stream error" and MC9 crashing everytime I try to access IPOD.
  I still have to restore my IPOD everytime - very annoying. The only time I managed to synch was after a restore and a full upload. I changed a couple of smartlists and managed to resynch.
  Can anyone help me in that - this problem is spoiling my fun with IPOD  :'(
  System info follows:

Media Center Registered 9.0.118 -- C:\Arquivos de programas\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows 2000 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
AMD Duron 903 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 245 MB, Free - 112 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.6144 / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINNT\Media\Utopia - exclamação.WAV

Burning /  Drive E: HP       CD-Writer+ 9300    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:10  MaxSpeed:10  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

Alexandre

Kurt Young

« Reply #173 on: February 22, 2003, 10:34:49 am »

Doh.

I went from .116 to .119 today.  My TV-Audio problems have been fixed, but now, every time I click on the iPod within MC, I get the Media Core crash.

So, I used the updater to restore the iPod and now everything's 100% tip-top.  Synched perfectly.

Media Center 9.0.119 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1494 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 785 MB, Free - 455 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\Windows XP Balloon.wav

Burning /  Drive D: SAMSUNG  CD-R/RW SW-212B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

SteveG

« Reply #174 on: February 23, 2003, 08:02:54 am »

Alexbrasil,

"The only time I managed to synch was after a restore and a full upload. I changed a couple of smartlists and managed to resynch. "

If you can resynch, are you still having the problem?  Once your database gets corrpupted, you most likely will have problems until you reformat.  After a reformat, you should be set. Are you saying that you can synch fine for a few times and then have problems?  If so, try updating your library to be sure you aren't trying to synch files with invalid paths. Even if you are, the Plug-in should handle it, but maybe that is where the problem is.

Steve

Thanks,

Steve

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #175 on: February 23, 2003, 08:13:16 am »

I did't explained myself properly. The only time I managed to resynch was once when I did a full restore, and after the first synch, and without shutting off the computer or the MC9, changed a few smartlists and tried to resynch again. This time, and this time only, it worked.
Every other time, a full restore and upload of all the songs was necessary, even if the only change in my library is one new tiny song.

SteveG

« Reply #176 on: February 24, 2003, 06:05:17 am »

Alex,

I cannot reproduce this. My best guess is that you have some older plugin registered. Can you remove the Portable Drives Plugin from Plugin manager and then redownload the iPod Plugin from the MC9 Plugins page and try again. You should be able to verify it as version 9.0.04.

Can anyone duplicate Alex's problem with MC 9.0.119?

Steve

alexbrasil

• Recent member
  • I'm watching you
« Reply #177 on: February 24, 2003, 01:57:31 pm »

I had just reinstalled my MC9 because of another problem and redonwloaded my plug-ins. To be on the safe side I did it again. Uninstalled it and reinstalled it.
Same error: "Read stream error" and MC 9 crashes, when I click on it. :(

SteveG

« Reply #178 on: February 25, 2003, 04:14:02 am »

Alex,

Can you email me your iTunesDB file from your iPod? It is under iPod_Control\iTunes.  I will install your file on my iPod and see if I can duplicate your stream read error.

Steve (steve @ jriver.com)

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
« Reply #179 on: February 26, 2003, 10:42:15 pm »

Stream Error problem:

I have suffered this since build 09. Every time I need to sync I have to reformat using updater first.

However, I think the problem is iPOD specific. I have another that doesn't do this.

Both are the same 20G and both have the same firmware. The only diference is that the one that has the stream error shows up in XP as Disc Drive E and the other always shows up as Apple iPOD E. (This is on the same PC)

Any help?

SteveG

« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2003, 04:32:51 am »

Mindracing,

Thanks for the post. Can you right click on both iPods under My Computer and select Properties and tell me what are the volume label names for both.

Also, could you email me a copy of your iTunesDB file that I give the path to in the previous post.

Thanks,

Steve

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2003, 07:16:17 am »

Steve -

I am trying to copy some songs from my iPod to my PC.  If I select the songs in the Artist view and click Download to PC, they copy fine.

If I go to the Playlist view and select songs, the upload
fails with File Upload error.  It looks like it isn't creating the Ipod mp3 filename correctly.

Using iPod plugin 9.0.04

Media Center Registered 9.0.121 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium III 912 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 209 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpclient.010817-1148) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 (xpclient.010817-1148) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive D: SAMSUNG  CDRW/DVD SN-308B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

SteveG

« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2003, 11:38:57 am »

SeanC,

Good catch. This is fixed and you will see it in the next build.

Thanks,

Steve

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2003, 06:53:32 pm »

Steve,

There is more and more interest for MC9 over at the ipodlounge--I am by know means an MC9 or ipod expert  (that is the realm of Adam and Kurt), but I do use it exclusively for the ipod, and because of that, I get quite a few questions about MC9  (and help requests).  These have been increasing in number significantly over the past couple of weeks--word is beginning to get out.  Adam recently posted a link to MC9 in the ipodlounge, to compliment the MC9 forum there, which I think will also help MC9.

The point of all this is that I think it would be a wonderful opportunity for MC9/MJ to advertise on the ipodlounge homepage  (like ephpod and xplay have done in the past.), as I think you have a better product than xplay, mmjb, or ephpod--and many ipoders are looking for the best application to go along with their ipod.   Maybe you already have plans for this when MC9 comes out of beta--I hope so--I'd love to see a big ol' JRiver add on the ipodlounge homepage.  I think it would pay off big.

(there are other ipod webpages, I've checked them all out, and ipod lounge is by far the best--and has the largest following--but you guys probably already know this).

SteveG

« Reply #184 on: February 28, 2003, 04:58:05 am »

cct1,

Thanks for the suggestion. I will pass it along and we will see if we can get it to go.

Steve

Kurt Young

« Reply #185 on: February 28, 2003, 06:47:54 am »

Woot woot!  c.c.r. representin tha lounge!  ;D ;D

BTW, Steve, all is very well with the plugin, latest version... runs like a dream, synchs everything properly.  Haven't had a problem in many builds.

So, what's the status on that GUI overhaul for the plugin, dude?  ;)
 mjextman.exe /ipodsync

SteveG

« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2003, 09:50:25 am »

Kurt,

I will get those pretty icons in there one of these days.  Maybe I can throw some iPodlounge icons in there :).

Steve

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2003, 10:58:22 am »

I am trying to copy some songs from my iPod to my PC.  If I select the songs in the Artist view and click Download to PC, they copy fine.

Steve - I forgot to mention that although the files copy fine this way, the progress bar reaches 100% prematurely.

Thanks for your awesome work on the iPod plugin - it adds tremendous value to the product.

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
  • gettin' in touch with my inner child, watch out!
« Reply #188 on: March 01, 2003, 06:20:44 am »

I keep installing and installing (deleting the old and reinstalling the new) the iPod plug-in for MC9 (and I go and find the MC one, not the MJ one). No matter what I do, it says that it is v. 3.0.16, NOT 3.0.45. Where is this mystery version??

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #189 on: March 01, 2003, 08:30:41 am »

tlongacre:

Here is what I would do.  Uninstall Media Center and / or Media Jukebox if its there so you start with a clean box.  Just make sure nothing shows in Add/Remove Programs (it could be under "JRiver" check that as well).

Then, download and install MC9 version 9.0.123.  You don't need to install the iPod plugin anymore, it's part of the main install now.

Steve, et al:

I second cct1's and Kurt's thoghts.  Get Jim to fork over some $$ :)

Seriously, although we try to get the word out, ephpod by far has the biggest market share of windows apps.  It's a good program, but it doesn't offer the functionality that MC9 does.  Let folks know that if they want an "iTunes" experience (or better), than MC9 is for them.  This might be a good angle because many windows users feel slighted by Apple's choice not to support their major format (WiPod's) with good software.  You have an opening here.

I can't say this stuff on the 'lounge because Kurt will get after me for not being impartial (:) ) and he's right....but I can say it here, um, can't I?   ::)

And would you get those pretty icons in for pete's sake!!!

Adam

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #190 on: March 01, 2003, 10:52:04 am »

Uh, well, I deleted my old MC9 and installed the new MC9, but it does not have portable support. And when I get that message (because I clicked on the drive letter of my iPod), MC9 crashes.

This is doubly annoying 'cause I just upgraded to EphPod 2.60F and something is wrong there too -- it doesn't show any of my songs (they are there, the names a just no showing up -- almost as if the type were white on a white background).

Hmmph. Not a happy Saturday.

Media Center Registered 9.0.123 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 498 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 60 MB
Resource Info: System - 45 %, GDI - 69 %, User - 45 %

Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive F: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #191 on: March 01, 2003, 07:57:25 pm »

tlongacre:

Usually the crashing upon clicking the iPod drive letter under CDs/DVDS & Handhelds can be remedied by first doing a Restore w/the iPod Updater.

It's worked for me and other's in the past when coming from other programs such as ephpod.  Usually it's best to start w/a clean iPod.

Not sure why you're not getting portable support.  That is very strange to me, but you can always download the plugin from the plugins page.  Just make sure you get the MC9 version (not MJ8)

Adam

TimB

« Reply #192 on: March 02, 2003, 02:29:38 am »

Weird problem:

I'm recording vinyl to waves (with and without MC9 Sound Recorder) and turning them into MP3's (using MC9 Convert) and then sending to my iPod.

In some cases when I play them using the iPod's software they cut short before the end.  I play them on the iPod thru MC9 and they play fine.  I play them with Goldwave, they cut short.  I play them with Cool Edit Pro, they play fine.  So its...

iPod  Cut short
Goldwave  Cut short
MC9  Plays fine
Cool Edit Pro Plays fine

Any ideas?

-=Tim=-

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2398 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 277 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive F: AOPEN    CD-RW CRW4048      Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
Boy do I LOVE Media Center!!!

SteveG

« Reply #193 on: March 02, 2003, 06:41:36 am »

Tim,

I don't know, let me do some testing tomorrow and see if I can make a suggestion.

TLongacre,

Adam's suggestions are good. I hope they work out for you.

SeanC,

I will look at this tomorrow.

Adam,

Thanks for the post.  Lack of impartiality here is greatly encouraged  ;)

benmaxwell

• Recent member
« Reply #194 on: March 02, 2003, 07:06:57 am »

Tim,

I've had tons of problems exporting wavs to mp3s using CEP 2.0.  I would save as wav, then convert with mc9... I'd try to save as mp3, and still some problems.  

I think it has to do with the save as function in CEP.  I've had the most success with "Save As..." -> mp3 pro... then going to the advanced tab to make sure that the Highest Quality Codec is selected, then nothing beneath it is checked... the right panel I've always used ISO Padding and writing the crc checksum...

I use a vbr, but I don't think that part matters... and it's worked for me...

-b

Weird problem:

I'm recording vinyl to waves (with and without MC9 Sound Recorder) and turning them into MP3's (using MC9 Convert) and then sending to my iPod.

In some cases when I play them using the iPod's software they cut short before the end.  I play them on the iPod thru MC9 and they play fine.  I play them with Goldwave, they cut short.  I play them with Cool Edit Pro, they play fine.  So its...

iPod  Cut short
Goldwave  Cut short
MC9  Plays fine
Cool Edit Pro Plays fine

Any ideas?

-=Tim=-

Shuttle SB51g
p4 2.4g
yamaha crwf1
Sony DVD Burner
black 60gb 5gen iPo

TimB

« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2003, 10:38:38 am »

Tim,

I've had tons of problems exporting wavs to mp3s using CEP 2.0.  I would save as wav, then convert with mc9... I'd try to save as mp3, and still some problems.  

I think it has to do with the save as function in CEP.  I've had the most success with "Save As..." -> mp3 pro... then going to the advanced tab to make sure that the Highest Quality Codec is selected, then nothing beneath it is checked... the right panel I've always used ISO Padding and writing the crc checksum...

-b

Sorry but it didn't help.

I also tried adjusting the quality in MC9 to highest and converting 18 files from wav to MP3 again in MC9, some were OK, some weren't.  MC9's Media Editor reports them as OK, Goldwave (and iPod) show them as cut off.

Steve, let me know if I should send you off some examples waves and MP3s.

-=Tim=-

TimB

« Reply #196 on: March 02, 2003, 10:39:46 am »

Tim,

-b

Sorry but adjusting the CEP 2.0 setting didn't help.

I also tried adjusting the quality in MC9 to highest and converting 18 files from wav to MP3 again in MC9, some were OK, some weren't.  MC9's Media Editor reports them as OK, Goldwave (and iPod) show them as cut off.

Steve, let me know if I should send you off some example waves and MP3s.

-=Tim=-

bmp

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2003, 06:01:54 pm »

i'm also in the boat where i can't sync the ipod a second time without running the restore and format stuff.

after i sync once, clicking on the ipod drive letter causes a "Data stream error" error and then media center takes a dive.  

on a side note, perhaps related, my ipod has been crashes rather often during use.  locking rather, forcing a hard reset.  

SteveG

« Reply #198 on: March 03, 2003, 05:03:47 am »

TimB,

Could you send me some sample files where you have the problems so I can test them?

steve @ jriver.com

bmp,

Please make sure you have MC 9.0.123 and then if you are still having problems, reformat your iPod from within Windows. After the format, disconnect and reconnect the iPod and then select "Format iPod for MC" by right-clicking on "Ipod" in the MC tree.

Steve

tlongacre

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #199 on: March 03, 2003, 05:10:10 am »

Okay, I've reset my iPod with the Updater, several times now. The best I can get is -- I can open MC9, switch to the iPod, all is fine. I select the songs I want to move to the iPod (7.5 gb). Start sending -- after the fourth or so song (didn't count, but it is near the beginning) -- then MC9 crashes with a fault in Mediajukebox.exe. (NOT hhportable.dll)

This was after deinstalling MC9 (and remnants of MJ), reinstalling, and having to install the iPod plugin manually.

Back to ephPod for the time being.

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 498 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 36 MB
Resource Info: System - 28 %, GDI - 56 %, User - 28 %

Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   chord.wav

Burning /  Drive F: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W4012A   Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up