INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Constant crashing on arch linux  (Read 634 times)

Aa_Ron

Constant crashing on arch linux
« on: January 09, 2023, 11:19:18 am »

I have been using jriver as my home stereo media center since about 2016. I have always run it on a windows pc.

I recently switched over to linux and bought a new jrmc30 master license with hopes of running it on my linux machine. I have jriver media center 30.0.45 installed and it launches,but will crash.  I have no clue what the problem is. any help would be appreciated. I will do my best to provide you any necessary info.

Host: Z690 Taichi
Kernel: 6.1.2-zen1-1-zen
Uptime: 1 hour, 3 mins
Packages: 2158 (pacman)[stable]
Shell: fish 3.5.1
Resolution: 1920x1080
DE: KDE Plasma 5.26.5
WM: KWin (X11)
WM Theme: Sweet-Dark
Theme: Breeze Sweetified [Plasma], Sweet-Dark [GTK2/3/4]
Icons: BeautyLine [QT], BeautyLine [GTK2/3/4]
Terminal: konsole
Terminal Font: FiraCode Nerd Font Mono 12
CPU: 13th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-13700K (24) @ 5.3 GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT
Memory: 4.76 GiB / 62.56 GiB

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Constant crashing on arch linux
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 01:03:26 pm »

I think the first step would be to turn on logging under the Help menu and then wait for another crash.  Then open JRiver again and press the report problem button under the logging dialog.  The resulting log package should help you see where MC is crashing and/or what's causing it.

I can tell you that frequent crashing is not typical on Linux.  I run MC on both vanilla Arch Linux and Debian and don't normally have crashes.

Aa_Ron

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 02:27:27 pm »

Hey, thanks for the reply. I turned on logging but didn't end up reporting a bug as it appeared to be having trouble finding the library files. i cleared my library and reconfigured auto import and all seems to be well now. Thank you for your help. Do you know if MC 30 supports burning cd/dvds on linux?

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2023, 03:52:05 pm »

Hey, thanks for the reply. I turned on logging but didn't end up reporting a bug as it appeared to be having trouble finding the library files. i cleared my library and reconfigured auto import and all seems to be well now. Thank you for your help. Do you know if MC 30 supports burning cd/dvds on linux?
Burning is only supported on Windows.
Pages: [1]   Go Up