INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I shrunk the MediaCenter  (Read 615 times)

david12

I shrunk the MediaCenter
« on: January 11, 2023, 02:18:06 pm »

I am running MediaCenter 30.0.48 on Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon.  Previously, I'd been running MediaCenter on Linux Mint 20, then Linux Mint 21.  In these previous versions MediaCenter appeared properly.  However, when I upgraded to Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon, the entire user interface shrank. It roughly halved in size, much like happens in a multi-monitor set up when you drag something that looks right at 1080p on to a 4K monitor.

I have been able to offset part of the problem using the view menu:  View > Size > 175%.  This appears to "correct" everything's size but for my album thumbnails which remain "miniaturized."  See attached screenshot.

For what it is worth, window resizing has also become a little unstable; it works sometimes, but sometimes I must restart MediaCenter to get it to work.

The sound is working fine, which is the point, at least for me.  I don't use the video side of MediaCenter.  I do not know if these anomalies would concern it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated regarding my display's integrity.   It is beginning to feel like there might be a regression appearing, but I have no way of knowing that.  I would ask that you consider a flatpak or appimage for future editions.  It is purported to reduce the wac-a-mole regression management problem across distros.

Thanks for your kind consideration.

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: I shrunk the MediaCenter
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2023, 09:01:40 pm »

The thumbs in the album list size can be changed by the slider in the upper right of that window.
A flatpack wouldn't change anything here. MC doesn't care about the desktop, window manager, etc. It talks to the X server directly.
Pages: [1]   Go Up