INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Import Apply Custom Tag not saving  (Read 706 times)

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
Auto Import Apply Custom Tag not saving
« on: January 13, 2023, 08:23:18 pm »

Hi all, I've recently realized that I have a scenario where applying custom tags to a specific image folder would be an excellent time saver.

Unfortunately, when I go in and set one up, it isn't saving for some reason. No error message, just going back into Auto Import Config shows it's not there after saving.

Attached are screen shots.

Regards, Kwake

marko

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Auto Import Apply Custom Tag not saving
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 10:24:05 pm »

That's because the folder is already covered by the watch rule further up the list... "E\Pictures\[System Images Folder]"

You need to select that, and add your custom rule there, using an expression. Something like:
Code: [Select]
if(isequal([filename],Memes,8),Misc - Memes,)Which says, "If the filename contains Memes, apply Misc - Memes, otherwise, do nothing". So, if you use that, bear in mind that if you have any other paths that contain "Memes", the rule will apply there too, so if necessary, massage the 'match' rule to suit your needs.

-marko

kwake

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2023, 04:00:24 am »

I was wondering if that was the case, thanks for letting me know! Maybe a quick popup dialog box warning the user of that would be helpful if not already part of a newer version.

What I'd like to do depends on what folder down in the hierarchy the picture is added to (in this case Misc/Memes). Can you tell me what formula I'd use in the rule for tagging all pictures that are added into a particular sub-folder?

Regards, Kwake

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2023, 09:29:17 am »

First off, questions:

Do you have any other 'tag on import rules' for E:\Pictures that set values for the [Events] field? If you do, they need to be rolled into one in order to work, therefore, the expression would be different.

Do you have any other folders, anywhere, however deep, under E:\Pictures called Memes?

kwake

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2023, 11:10:28 am »

Thanks for taking the time to help me with this Marco.

It's for all pictures in one folder only, the path being E:\Pictures\Misc\Memes

For all the other subfolders, I still have to tag them manually based on the date and nature of the event. With memes, they're just all memes without other significance.

Kwake

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2023, 03:35:44 pm »

So, select the E:\Pictures [System Images Folder] line and click the "Edit" button.

In "Apply these tags (Optional)", add the Events tag, and paste this rule in the field provided:
Code: [Select]
if(isequal([filename],Misc\Memes,8),Misc - Memes,)
OK your way out and test...

Does that work for you?

kwake

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2023, 04:58:08 pm »

Worked a charm! Thanks so much! 8)
As soon as I saved a new file into that folder, MC immediately tagged the field, no need to even run import!

Do you know if there's a way I can back up my Auto Import settings in case I have to reinstall?

Thanks again for the solution!

Kwake

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2023, 11:06:55 pm »

Excellent stuff. Pleased to read that you're all set now.

MC makes automatic library backups every two days or so, and once a month. By default, these are saved in a folder at Documents\JRiver. All of those backups also include all of your settings. If you ever need them in the future, you get at them from MC, via File > Library > Restore Library. Once there, you can choose to restore either the library, the settings, or both.

-marko
Pages: [1]   Go Up