INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BUG: Stuck on upgrading (critical)  (Read 446 times)

ripp

• Recent member
BUG: Stuck on upgrading (critical)
« on: January 16, 2023, 02:19:51 am »

I have issues with upgrading portable version. Upgrade happened automatic inside of the program. OS is Windows 11 and I had two different versions installed on the system because of licencing bug. First one was normal install just to achieve registration, second one was usable one.

When first automatic update process started from portable version, only non-portable version was upgraded. When I run portable MC, update process started again. I uninstalled non-portable version and I ran portable MC again.

- Attachment 1.png shows no non-portable MC is installed on the system.
- Attachment 2.png shows warning message after failed attempt of updating portable version.
- Attachment 5.jpg shows install command (it looks like it is trying to update portable version).
- Attachment 3.png shows how non-portable MC was installed.
- Attachment 4.png shows same message when I am trying to run portable MC again.

Now I am stuck. I do not know where to find newest version of MC 29, and I can not run portable version in any way.

ripp

• Recent member
Re: BUG: Stuck on upgrading (critical)
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2023, 04:27:51 am »

I found workaround...

Update of a new version is located at {{portable_install_folder}}\Application Data\J River\Media Center 29\Install\{{installer}}.exe. I ran this and make portable install to existing folder. Now I do not get any update messages.
Pages: [1]   Go Up