INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Elgato|Geniatech Netstream4Sat DVB-S Satellite  (Read 1193 times)

OldGoat

• Recent member
  • A Yank for YES
Elgato|Geniatech Netstream4Sat DVB-S Satellite
« on: January 23, 2023, 04:24:59 am »

Not sure where to post this, but as I'm a Mac user I'll start here.  iMac 2017 27" - Ventura 13.1

Have been able to implement the 4Sat in NextPVR but would dearly love to enable it in MC.  MC sees the 4Sat but fails to implement it.

M3U file from https://github.com/iMiMx/Sat-IP-UK-Freesat-M3U linked in first step of config.

It would be great if this is possible

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Elgato|Geniatech Netstream4Sat DVB-S Satellite
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 08:47:48 am »

What happened when you clicked "Scan" button on the Summary page of TV Setup Wizard?

Also, on the second screenshot, the M3U file specified was "FreeSat.mu3".  Was that the correct filename as it was (FreeSat.mu3 instead of FreeSat.m3u)?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

OldGoat

• Recent member
  • A Yank for YES
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 11:13:38 am »

Found one problem, now looking at another in MUA3 file re IP address.

First Problem (See [size=78%]https://eclecticlight.co/2020/01/30/quarantine-sip-and-macl-macos-per-file-security-controls/[/size])

iMac$ ll Desktop/FreeSat.mu3
-rw-r--r--@ 1 mike  staff    30K 21 Jan 12:24 Desktop/FreeSat.mu3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  15:39:07
[/color]iMac$ xattr Desktop/FreeSat.mu3 [/size]
com.apple.lastuseddate#PS
com.apple.macl
[/color]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  15:56:02[/size]
[/color]iMac$ xattr -c Desktop/FreeSat.mu3 [/size]
[/color]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  16:04:12[/size]
[/color]~ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------  16:04:16[/size]
[/color]iMac$
[/size]

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2023, 11:35:45 am »

I don't quite understand what you are saying here.  But

Found one problem, now looking at another in MUA3 file re IP address.

First Problem (See [size=78%]https://eclecticlight.co/2020/01/30/quarantine-sip-and-macl-macos-per-file-security-controls/[/size])

Does this mean that there is a file security issue when MC try to load the file?

iMac$ ll Desktop/FreeSat.mu3
-rw-r--r--@ 1 mike  staff    30K 21 Jan 12:24 Desktop/FreeSat.mu3
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  15:39:07
com.apple.lastuseddate#PS
com.apple.macl
[/color]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  15:56:02[/size]
[/color]iMac$ xattr -c Desktop/FreeSat.mu3 [/size]
[/color]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------  16:04:12[/size]
[/color]~ ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------  16:04:16[/size]
[/color]iMac$
[/size]

If the actual disk file is named *.mu3, it should be fine, as long as you give MC the exact file to load.  We should not care whether the file extension is correct or not.

OldGoat

• Recent member
  • A Yank for YES
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2023, 04:45:16 am »

Yes, you are correct .  It is been a security "Feature" of Macos for a while.  Pain in the tush most of the time.  The commands I showed are how to show and remove them.

As for the MU3 file, I'm now confused.  It has a IP address in it that I don't understand why.  It certainly is not a LAN address which I would have thought necessary to connect to my SAT receiver.  Changing it had no effect. 

I don't understand why the mu3 file is required.  EyeTV and NextPVR automatically detect the receiver and start to scan when you request one.  They both load the channel info into a their system.  Interestingly, NPVR finds many more channels than EyeTV.  What irks me is this info should be available as a file that could be downloaded.  If the mu3 file contains the channel info, why would you need to scan?  Admittedly, I'm not a programmer, just an old (77), broken down Systems Manger who still likes mucking about with computers.

After entering the mu3 file location in MC and clicking "Next",  I get the spinning beach ball for a couple of minutes (Yes, minutes.) before it goes to the EPG selection.  I use XMLTV.  About 10 seconds shy of 3 minutes of beach balling before XMLTV Options appears. (Timed it.)  Entered XMLTV file location and selected "Next".  It goes immediately to the "Summary" page.  Select "Scan" and it goes to "Scan Channels" but nothing happens.  It definitely is not accessing the SAT receiver as the activity light isn't blinking as it does in EyeTV and NPVR.

After 30+ minutes:

Any thoughts?  Debug mode?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2023, 10:47:06 am »

As for the MU3 file, I'm now confused.  It has a IP address in it that I don't understand why.  It certainly is not a LAN address which I would have thought necessary to connect to my SAT receiver.  Changing it had no effect. 

Maybe that IP address is just the local IP address (on your LAN) of the device?

I don't understand why the mu3 file is required.  EyeTV and NextPVR automatically detect the receiver and start to scan when you request one.  They both load the channel info into a their system.  Interestingly, NPVR finds many more channels than EyeTV.  What irks me is this info should be available as a file that could be downloaded.  If the mu3 file contains the channel info, why would you need to scan?  Admittedly, I'm not a programmer, just an old (77), broken down Systems Manger who still likes mucking about with computers.

It is actually an option.  If MC detects an M3U file that the device advertised, MC should list it as an option "Get channels from server provided list".  If you don't see that option, i.e. if you only see "User provided channel list file", MC did not detect the server advertised file.

After entering the mu3 file location in MC and clicking "Next",  I get the spinning beach ball for a couple of minutes (Yes, minutes.) before it goes to the EPG selection.  I use XMLTV.  About 10 seconds shy of 3 minutes of beach balling before XMLTV Options appears. (Timed it.)  Entered XMLTV file location and selected "Next".  It goes immediately to the "Summary" page.  Select "Scan" and it goes to "Scan Channels" but nothing happens.  It definitely is not accessing the SAT receiver as the activity light isn't blinking as it does in EyeTV and NPVR.

After 30+ minutes:

Any thoughts?  Debug mode?

Turn on logging (read this wiki for details if you are not familiar), and run Setup again.  After you repeat the failure, retrieve the log file and either post it here (if it is small enough), or email it to me.  I am yaobing at jriver dot com

OldGoat

• Recent member
  • A Yank for YES
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2023, 11:40:44 am »

Re IP address:  Not my LAN IP scheme which is 191.168.1.XX.  It is from the file I downloaded from the internet assuming that a mu3 file for a satellite system would be the same for everything.  (assume = ass u me)  I've tried pinging that address but no result which could mean they are just blocking pings.

Initiated logging, tried again and got as far as attached screenshot.

Log files attached.

Cheers,  Mike

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2023, 01:12:23 pm »

The log files appear to be trimmed, either manually by you, or automatically by MC.  I need to see the part of the logs that show how DLNA devices are discovered.

If you did not  trim the files, then you might have used the logging option of "Auto reset when file size reaches:"  You should choose "Do not reset".  Instead, restart MC and wait for DLNA discovery to complete (about one minute).  Then you can test TV Setup, and grab the log files.

If you know your device's information file URL, something like "http://192.168.nn.nn:80/dri/device.xml" (it may or may not be called "device.xml" though), you can try pasting it in a browser and see what it gives you.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2023, 01:19:38 pm »

Since you did not see the "Get channels from server provided list" option, your device is not providing it somehow.   We look for "satip:X_SATIPM3U" element in the device info xml file.

OldGoat

• Recent member
  • A Yank for YES
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2023, 02:38:25 pm »

OK, redid logging.  As far as there being a mu3 file on the Netstream receiver,  wouldn't expect one if it has to scan satellite for channels to begin with.  New log attached.

It's wine-oclock in UK so will carry on tomorrow.

Cheers,  Mike

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2023, 05:10:03 pm »

Thanks.

On Mac or Linux we are not able to scan for channels using the tuners directly.  For these non-Windows OS's we rely on either the Sat>IP device itself or the user, to provide a channel list file.  Since your device is not providing one, (satip:X_SATIPM3U element is empty), we are left with only one option: "User provided channel list file".

If the device is capable, you can run its setup and scan for channels, then maybe it will provide an .m3u file.  If that is not possible, you can use the downloaded m3u file (as linked by you in your first post).  You need to download the rtsp version (channels-rtsp.m3u).  The file contains text lines like the following:

Code: [Select]
#EXTM3U
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="5accfb7f40fd9d60bf3598c720519aba" tvg-chno="100",BBC One South
rtsp://10.8.12.11/?src=1&freq=10818&pol=V&msys=DVBS&mtype=QPSK&sr=22000&pids=0,1,16,17,258,5200,5201,5203
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-id="df3f9e27cd1110bd0ed2e9d7d245499d" tvg-chno="101",BBC One HD
rtsp://10.8.12.11/?src=1&freq=10847&pol=V&msys=DVBS2&mtype=8PSK&sr=23000&pids=0,1,16,17,260,5400,5401,5404

Each #EXTINF: line together with the URL that follows it represents a channel.

Open the file using a text editor and replace all instances of the IP address "10.8.12.11" with the IP address of your device on your LAN "192.168.xxx.yyy"

OldGoat

• Recent member
  • A Yank for YES
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2023, 12:35:16 pm »

No joy I'm afraid.  Have Wireshark network traffic capture when MC30 connects and also a traffic capture of when EyeTV program is scanning for satellite channels.  Don't know if their of any use to you but might be worth a shot.

When you open the EyeTV...pcapng file you'll get a complaint about a packet being cut short.  You can ignore it, just press OK.
Also attached mu3 file used for MC30.  Looks OK to me but you might spot something erroneous.

Have a feeling EyeTV is using something proprietary but then NPVR can scan it.  Will try to get it running again and do a packet capture.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2023, 02:41:14 pm »

I have not had a chance to look at your Wireshark files yet.  Not sure if they will help.

Right now, the question is, supposing that your device does not produce an m3u channel list file, whether MC can load the m3u file if you provide one (i.e. one that you download and modify) to it.

Also, would you be able to tune to a channel if you manually create one?  You can manually create any type of channels supported in MC, including Sat>IP channels.

And finally, you can update to the latest version of MC.  There have been a number of changes since build 41.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2023, 02:45:20 pm »

Also attached mu3 file used for MC30.  Looks OK to me but you might spot something erroneous.

It is not in your attachment.  I see only Archive.zip which contains a couple of .pcapng files and a subfolder containing one other .pcapng file.

OldGoat

• Recent member
  • A Yank for YES
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2023, 03:03:32 pm »

Sorry, missed that.  Here it is.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2023, 06:03:01 pm »

Got the file.

It looks OK on first look, with exception of the fact that it contains data for all channels twice.  Perhaps you did "paste" twice unknowingly.  That should not really be an issue though.

I will take a look of the code tomorrow to make sure what we expect from the file is exactly what this file provides.

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2023, 01:33:15 pm »

I found a couple of bugs and fixed them.  Please update to the latest build (build 61 or higher) when it is posted on this board.

1. Fixed: Sat>IP channels might not be loaded correctly from an m3u channel list file if the file specifies modulation type (mtype) in upper case letters (e.g. "mtype=QPSK" instead of "mtype=qpsk").
2. Fixed: Sat>IP channel scan wizard did not properly load the user-supplied channel list m3u file.

OldGoat

• Recent member
  • A Yank for YES
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2023, 06:42:51 am »

Hi,  It took me a few days to find build 61 as I kept looking at the main download page.  Finally got the idea to search for it.  At 77 the wheels grind a bit slower these days.

Progress but no banana.  Think MC is getting all the data from the .m3u and xmltv files but not communicating with the NetStream.  Just get a black screen when trying to view a TV channel.

Log and pcapng's attached. The JRiver log and the MC30…  pcapng file were run at the same time.  The EyeTV files are for when EyeTV is scanning for channels and when it connects and starts downloading a program for live viewing.

I would like to say that if we can get this working, I would just about guarantee sales of at least 100 MC's.  There are a bunch of people in the same boat re the issue of EyeTV support being non-existent as apparently Giniatech having gone south.

See https://eyetvforum.com/index.php?/topic/305477-gracenote-eu-epg-down-service-renewal-removed-from-shop/&tab=comments#comment-318379

Cheers

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2023, 07:47:11 am »

Please give MC30.0.66 a try.

OldGoat

• Recent member
  • A Yank for YES
« Reply #19 on: March 03, 2023, 11:51:09 am »

Sorry,  Haven't had much time to work on this.  Still no joy.  Going to try a different format for m3u file.  Would you pleas send me a sample of a working m3u file.  There seems to be variations.  See https://en.kingofsat.net/news28.2E.php

Is there anything more I can send to help?

Yaobing

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: March 03, 2023, 01:13:17 pm »

I think MC was able to create a set of channels using your m3u file.  You can go to Manage Channels - Right click "Television" on left side of MC main window, and choose "Manage Channels...", or click "TV Options" button and then find "Manage Channels...".  You can check if the channel parameters are imported correctly.

If you can verify that channels are there, and appear to be correct, try playing a channel, and tell me what happens, and post an MC log file.

OldGoat

• Recent member
  • A Yank for YES
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2023, 01:47:55 am »

Sorry, been tied up with family matters and I missed your last.  I'm on the road visiting family at the moment so I won't be home for about 10 days.  Will try then.  Cheers
Pages: [1]   Go Up