INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MacBook Pro crashing again when trying to play anything  (Read 322 times)

HaWi

• Citizen of the Universe
MacBook Pro crashing again when trying to play anything
« on: January 24, 2023, 04:33:52 pm »

My MacBookPro crashes again when trying to play anything. It started happening after I had play a track via JRemote. Now I cannot play anything, also not through the app itself.
Log and crash report are attached
Many thanks for any help!
EDIT: It looks like it's related to output routing. The MBO is connected via HDMI to a Marantz Receiver. When I turn the Receiver off, MC switches the output to Core Audio. When I then try to play it crashes. When I manually change the output back to HDMI I can play again.
Is there any way to prevent the switch or to have MC switch back to HDMI when it becomes available again?
Many thanks!
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro

bob

• Administrator
Re: MacBook Pro crashing again when trying to play anything
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 05:43:36 pm »

My MacBookPro crashes again when trying to play anything. It started happening after I had play a track via JRemote. Now I cannot play anything, also not through the app itself.
Log and crash report are attached
Many thanks for any help!
EDIT: It looks like it's related to output routing. The MBO is connected via HDMI to a Marantz Receiver. When I turn the Receiver off, MC switches the output to Core Audio. When I then try to play it crashes. When I manually change the output back to HDMI I can play again.
Is there any way to prevent the switch or to have MC switch back to HDMI when it becomes available again?
Many thanks!
You have odd crashes. The thread that crashed supposedly is trying to get an image from the internet on play.
You might try turning that option off.
The main thread is trying to do a trackinfo but not crashing. I suppose that could be because there is no image but then it should use the stock artwork.
BTW I can no longer get a crash from the trackinfo on my build machine.

I did a bunch of messing with the audio open and it's changed now so that on device open failure it will not re-configure the selected device unless you close and reopen MC or reopen the Options dialog. That will be in build 55.

HaWi

Re: MacBook Pro crashing again when trying to play anything
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2023, 10:40:48 am »

You have odd crashes. The thread that crashed supposedly is trying to get an image from the internet on play.
You might try turning that option off.
The main thread is trying to do a trackinfo but not crashing. I suppose that could be because there is no image but then it should use the stock artwork.
BTW I can no longer get a crash from the trackinfo on my build machine.

I did a bunch of messing with the audio open and it's changed now so that on device open failure it will not re-configure the selected device unless you close and reopen MC or reopen the Options dialog. That will be in build 55.

Thanks Bob, I'll change that setting. Right now, everything is working again.
rPi5/8GB, Debian 12 Bookworm on SSD | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 2699
MacBookPro (2013), 2.6 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7, MacOS 11.7.17 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 3764
Mac Studio M2 Max, 64GB, 1TB SSD, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1 | JRMark (32.0.38 64 bit): 9235
Docker Container (shiomax) DS1819+ | JRMark (32.0.36 64 bit): 1430
JRemote 3.43
MO 4Media 1.5.7 | Marantz SR7007 (RSL 5.1) HDMI to MacBookPro
Pages: [1]   Go Up