INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Syncing Astell & Kern Media Players  (Read 592 times)

Chiron

Syncing Astell & Kern Media Players
« on: January 27, 2023, 11:31:49 pm »

I have always had trouble using the sync tools to transfer music to my Astell & Kern SE100 & SE200. It syncs the entire library every time, creating duplicates that I then have to go and remove from the device. The only time it works properly is if I completely wipe the device and re-sync my entire library. Then the next time I get new music and go to add that music to my device using the sync tool, it creates a bunch of duplicates of music that is already synced. It seems that the software scans the player and compares what is on the player versus what I have in my library and creates a sync list based of this comparison. The only thing I can think of that might cause this to happen is that perhaps some property of some songs gets changed that are not present on one or the other and instead of updating the properties of the song, the software thinks it is a new file that needs to then be added to the device?

I really wish there was a way that I could choose individual tracks or albums and add only those that I specify. As it stands now, I have to use the legacy version of Microsoft Media Player to add my new music to my devices, and it works flawlessly every time. The new version of Microsoft Media Player does not have the functionality to sync music to external devices and I have no idea how long I will have access to the legacy version.

I purchased this software because at first it seemed like it would do everything I needed it to, plus way more that I may never use. I have been hoping that this problem would be rectified with subsequent upgrades, but it has not. I can't be the only person that has this problem. I have spent countless hours going through settings and trying different things to make syncing music to my HD Music Players work properly with JRiver media center, all to no avail. But maybe there is something I am missing. Anyone have any ideas?

Previous post
Pages: [1]   Go Up