INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A very interesting JRemote (iOS) and MC 30 bug  (Read 351 times)

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
A very interesting JRemote (iOS) and MC 30 bug
« on: January 28, 2023, 04:59:01 pm »

This morning I got my main library set up to stream when I'm out of the house. Overall my experience during my two 30 minute drives was excellent. I was really impressed with how CarPlay integrated what JRemote was playing, including artwork. I had zero audio issues as I streamed 44.1 24 bit FLAC from my house.

On the ride home I poked around more in the app. I noticed the Cloudplay radio stations were there and picked one...nothing. The link blinked when pressed, but no music and no recognition in the player portion of the app that I had selected anything. I tried a few more stations.. same thing.

Imagine my surprise when I got home and my studio system was cranking Radio Paradise  ;D

What was more interesting was that no where in Media Center could I find any evidence of what was happening. The app showed that nothing was playing on my one and only Zone. In fact, clicking on Paradise Radio started a second instance of it while the first was still playing! The only thing I could do was quit.

I have since replicated this situation. I kept my phone's wifi off and tried streaming again. Anything in my library streams to the phone as expected, but if I start up a radio station... it starts playing on my home system with no evidence in MC that anything is taking place.

TP1964

• World Citizen
Re: A very interesting JRemote (iOS) and MC 30 bug
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2023, 12:32:10 pm »

I'm getting a little different result on mine. In the JRemote app I go to Streaming, select JRiver Jazz and - as in your case - I get nothing. It highlights, but does nothing. However, back on the server - unlike yours - it doesn't play, but it does have a message that pops up and just locks up MC until I force quit that says "4 tracks were filtered based on your settings. Settings are in Tools/Options/Cloudplay." But it doesn't start playing in on my server. So something buggy for sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up