More > JRiver Media Center 29 for Linux

Theater View completely blank

(1/2) > >>

cochinada:
Hello,

This is incredibly frustrating as every time I have to update Ubuntu some sh*t happens.
This time, after the latest update, no matter what I do and how many times I restart my PC, Theater View shows nothing but a blank screen!
Standard View is always OK.

My current Ubuntu version is 22.04.2 LTS
Media Center is 29.0.86

cochinada:
I've tried to put MC in theater View again and this is what I see on /var/log/syslog:

I found a few hints about this message "ubuntu treating resize request of legacy application" suggesting the issue is with MC that is using a legacy command, for instance this one:

https://bugs.mojang.com/browse/MC-175233

Awesome Donkey:
You can probably ignore those warnings. If I had to guess it's graphics drivers related or it's related to the desktop environment your Linux distro is using (looks like Ubuntu, so GNOME?), and it looks like you're using the Mesa open-source driver since your GPU is Intel integrated graphics. Maybe something got broke in a recent Mesa/driver/kernel update? Or something is broken with the desktop environment, hard to say.

cochinada:
Hi,
I don't know about that but I have news.
I've just bought an upgrade to MC 30.
I've installed it and I have the same exact problem.
Should I open a new thread for MC30?

bob:
Please turn on logging and post a log of the attempt to go into theater view. There is a lot of information logged about the video interfacing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version