INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Customizing (and saving) CSS changes to Panel  (Read 359 times)

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
Customizing (and saving) CSS changes to Panel
« on: February 23, 2023, 09:36:10 am »

I have been using Panel as a mini player and I couldn't be happier, it is great as a lightweight, small controller for MC. I have saved it as its own browser app so it's easy to launch and place where I like on my desktop. My CSS changes have been mostly to accommodate its very small footprint.

I have read all of the relevant documentation and threads on Panel and don't see an answer to these questions:

1. Is it possible to create a customized directory (such as "MyMiniPlayer") so as to preserve the original Root of Panel?
2. Is there a way to save my version so it won't be overwritten by updates to MC?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Customizing (and saving) CSS changes to Panel
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2023, 05:31:33 pm »

1. Is it possible to create a customized directory (such as "MyMiniPlayer") so as to preserve the original Root of Panel?

You could create a custom directory in ...\Data\Panel with a customized Panel, but Media Center is going to use what's in the 'Root' folder.

2. Is there a way to save my version so it won't be overwritten by updates to MC?

Right now, Panel doesn't support custom CSS, so whenever Media Center updates, it's possible to lose any changes you've made when it updates. You could create a backup of the changes and just paste them back into place. Unless there are changes to Panel, the CSS and JavaScript mapping names won't change.

It's possible that in the future Panel might support custom CSS schemes, but I don't know when or if that will happen.

retiredteacherguy

• World Citizen
Re: Customizing (and saving) CSS changes to Panel
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2023, 05:42:40 pm »

That’s what I needed to know, I appreciate the reply. I’ll just keep a backup.

If Panel gets to the point where Track Info is, that would be amazing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up