INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Linux (Ubuntu) MC 30.0.67 freezing on exit.  (Read 500 times)

yonkiman

• World Citizen
Linux (Ubuntu) MC 30.0.67 freezing on exit.
« on: March 02, 2023, 04:49:00 pm »

I launched MC, enabled logging, cleared the log, selected "Quit" from the file menu, and after 20-30 seconds of a frozen MC interface I killed the MC task and put the log file in the zip file I've attached.

I literally did not do anything besides the steps listed above.  This happens consisently.  It also crashes under other conditions (I haven't taken close notes yet), but this seems like the simplest way to get it to crash.

30.0.51 and previous was working fine for days (I use it as my media server).

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Linux (Ubuntu) MC 30.0.67 freezing on exit.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 06:45:55 pm »

I launched MC, enabled logging, cleared the log, selected "Quit" from the file menu, and after 20-30 seconds of a frozen MC interface I killed the MC task and put the log file in the zip file I've attached.

I literally did not do anything besides the steps listed above.  This happens consisently.  It also crashes under other conditions (I haven't taken close notes yet), but this seems like the simplest way to get it to crash.

30.0.51 and previous was working fine for days (I use it as my media server).
So this is in a client/server seutp?
We just discovered an issue with that which is new from 30.0.51. When the next build comes out, please try that and let us know.

yonkiman

• World Citizen
Re: Linux (Ubuntu) MC 30.0.67 freezing on exit.
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 09:53:17 pm »

So this is in a client/server seutp?
Probably?  It's serving files to my LG TV over DLNA, as well as using it as a stand-alone library/player.

We just discovered an issue with that which is new from 30.0.51. When the next build comes out, please try that and let us know.
Will-do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up