INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tighten your cable connections  (Read 667 times)

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Tighten your cable connections
« on: March 07, 2023, 08:46:18 am »

A couple of weeks ago I noticed that one of my cable channel was not getting any signals.  I checked my Comcast lineup and found the channel should work.  So I thought I should contact comcast but was too busy to actually do it, and I was not in a hurry because I don't normally watch the channel.  Yesterday another channel, which had been working, stopped working while I tried to record a show.  It suddenly clicked in my head that I should check my cable connections, so I traced the cables and, voila, found a couple of places where the connections were loose.  I hand-tightened them and the channels came back!
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: Tighten your cable connections
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2023, 12:59:03 pm »

I found out that SiliconDust EPG data will not provide any programs for channels that can not be tuned (which makes sense).  During the time when I had trouble tuning to that particular channel, SiliconDust XMLTV files do not contain any data for that channel (probably because I ran channel scan in HDHomeRun Setup).  After I fixed the cable connection and got my channels working again, I ran channel scan in their setup.  Sure enough, the next EPG update brought in the guide data for those channels.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up