INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can Movie Playback Controls Be Moved To Bottom Of Screen  (Read 509 times)

Gunny

• Recent member
Can Movie Playback Controls Be Moved To Bottom Of Screen
« on: March 05, 2023, 04:46:49 pm »

Hello,

I'm currently using Media Center 28.  When I watch widescreen content I use a masking system and my projectors lens shift to achieve the correct aspect ratio.  The problem is, this means the transport controls are now off screen, leaving me no way to access them.  Can they be moved to the bottom?

Thanks

Gunny

• Recent member
Re: Can Movie Playback Controls Be Moved To Bottom Of Screen
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2023, 04:15:13 pm »

Hello again - "Bumping" this question per forum policy.

HPBEME

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Hoisted by his own petard - Lock him up!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2023, 09:54:24 pm »

Not exactly the same issue, but here is a thread about moving the controls to the bottom:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134410.msg931088.html#msg931088
See reply #9 for a less than elegant way to kind of make it work - it is not very convenient however. 

I think there are many people who would prefer the "pop-up" player bar be at the bottom.  Unfortunately, it would then overlap the OSD (on-screen display), which is different than the pop-up player controls. That said, the OSD can be turned on/off via Options/Tree&View/Advanced/OSD checkbox.

In any event, you're not the 1st person to ask for this, and not likely to be the last. But right now there is not a good way to do it.

eve

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2023, 06:33:53 am »

Not exactly the same issue, but here is a thread about moving the controls to the bottom:  https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,134410.msg931088.html#msg931088
See reply #9 for a less than elegant way to kind of make it work - it is not very convenient however. 

I think there are many people who would prefer the "pop-up" player bar be at the bottom.  Unfortunately, it would then overlap the OSD (on-screen display), which is different than the pop-up player controls. That said, the OSD can be turned on/off via Options/Tree&View/Advanced/OSD checkbox.

In any event, you're not the 1st person to ask for this, and not likely to be the last. But right now there is not a good way to do it.

I'd very much enjoy this too actually. The decision to have it at the top is *very* nice at separating JRiver from other offerings (I don't really see it around much, and I'm constantly investigating new UIs for hints) but it's not for me really.

An option that 'merges' the controls and playback position into a bar on the bottom is definitely something to consider. :)

Gunny

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2023, 05:58:53 pm »

Thanks for the reply.  I have to say, as a longtime customer, I'm shocked this hasn't been addressed. It renders Media Center virtually useless for me when watching widescreen content and that's practically every modern film.   

Hendrik

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2023, 06:09:45 pm »

For control during playback in such a scenario I would recommend using a keyboard or remote control, and use the OSD controls. They are at the bottom and should also adapt to any video cropping.

The interface at the top for the mouse is more of a desktop interface and not likely to move.

PS:
Why do you only mask the top, and not both sides, since black bars exist both on top and bottom? Would having it on the bottom really solve anything if you are actively cropping the screen?
~ nevcairiel
~ Author of LAV Filters

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2023, 06:51:31 pm »

For control during playback in such a scenario I would recommend using a keyboard or remote control, and use the OSD controls.
I agree.  Have you tried it?

https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/OSD
Pages: [1]   Go Up