INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NEW: Date & Time Adjuster  (Read 1775 times)

cncb

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
NEW: Date & Time Adjuster
« on: March 09, 2023, 09:29:11 am »

There is a new dates/times adjustment dialog accessible by the "Adjust Dates/Times" menu item in Library Tools.

It allows you to adjust the "Date" tag of multiple files at once by shifting back/ahead by hours/minutes, setting to a specific date and/or time, or setting to a different date-related tag.  This works for all file types, but is probably most useful for images you may get from a source where the dates/times are wrong (downloads, scans, digital camera, etc.).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

marko

• MC Beta Team
Re: NEW: Date & Time Adjuster
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 11:49:58 am »

How 'new' is that? I spotted some time ago, months maybe?, and thought, how cool, I've been asking for that for years, and reckoned I'd missed it in the release notes somewhere.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2023, 01:02:23 pm »

It's "new" for those who did not see it in the release notes or menu :).  It kind of fell through the cracks so I thought I would make a post about it to let users know it exists.

marko

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2023, 01:28:30 pm »

It's smashing. Well appreciated here. 👍

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2023, 08:50:38 am »

I think the clue is in the words Library Tools.
Changing the date, for example to Date Created, does not alter the MS File Explorer date back to the original date before Tags were saved to the flac file.

Typically saving Library Tag information changes the file in MS File Explorer, which I want to avoid; I require original created date.
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2023, 11:02:08 am »

It's smashing. Well appreciated here. 👍

Great!  I don't need it as much as I used to when we had a separate digital camera that always seemed to have the time setting wrong, but I'm glad you find it useful.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2023, 11:05:00 am »

Typically saving Library Tag information changes the file in MS File Explorer, which I want to avoid; I require original created date.

It should not modify the created date on the file when writing tags, just the modified date.

MusicBringer

• Galactic Citizen
  • MC32.0.87 x64bit
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2023, 05:07:59 am »

It should not modify the created date on the file when writing tags, just the modified date.

You're right ✔
Caesar adsum jam forte. Brutus aderat. Caesar sic in omnibus. Brutus sic inat.

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2023, 10:40:35 am »

For example, if you choose "Date tagged" from the selection, you have no option to enter a date. The current date is always used. An input field where I can enter the date to be used is missing. Is it possible to expand the selection area with an input field for the desired date, which would then make sense.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2023, 01:39:42 pm »

For example, if you choose "Date tagged" from the selection, you have no option to enter a date. The current date is always used. An input field where I can enter the date to be used is missing. Is it possible to expand the selection area with an input field for the desired date, which would then make sense.

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean.  The second option (radio button) allows you to enter a specific date.  It sounds like you are using the third option which sets the date to another date tag's value.

Purecut

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2023, 02:36:47 am »

Sorry, I am not sure what you mean.  The second option (radio button) allows you to enter a specific date.  It sounds like you are using the third option which sets the date to another date tag's value.

Yes with the third option to change the tag-date it is not possible to enter a specific date. This option takes always the actual date.. For example if I want to change the Tag-date to 12-31-2022 is not possible, because there is no input field to enter the date to be used. Always the actual date will be used.

cncb

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2023, 11:29:31 am »

Yes with the third option to change the tag-date it is not possible to enter a specific date.

You can only edit the [Date] tag with this tool.  The others like [Date Tagged] are set automatically by MC and generally shouldn't be edited.  The third option allows you to set [Date] to the value of one of these other date-related tags.
Pages: [1]   Go Up