INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intermittent recording in DVR subscriptions  (Read 641 times)

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
Intermittent recording in DVR subscriptions
« on: March 15, 2023, 01:39:20 pm »

I have been working on using MC to view and record local broadcast TV but have been experiencing problems with intermittent recording of subscriptions and on occasion late starts to recordings. I have good signal from my antenna to a Hauppauge tuner and record to local storage on my HTPC. All the shows I'm having problems with are national broadcasts that have pretty firm schedules. My program guide is from PercData.

The principal problem is that recording will seem to go well for several days or a week and then several days can be missed on a specific program. I can compare what MC is recording against an Xfinity DVR setup so I'm sure that actual shows have been missed. I do have all the "don't record" options set to NO so I don't think that's the problem. Recently I've also had several recordings that have started about 5 minutes into the broadcasts. My standard timing settings are 1 minute before and 1 minute after.

My first question is does anyone have any thoughts of things I might have set incorrectly that could be causing this behavior. If so I'd really appreciate your thoughts.

My second question would be should I just give up on the MC recording and use a HDHomeRun device for this purpose. I'm trying to make this a reliable and smooth inclusion into my home entertainment setup so it's not too difficult for my wife to use. Thanks

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Intermittent recording in DVR subscriptions
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 04:04:51 pm »

Are the tuners busy? Example - are you using the tuners in other applications or machines, in addition to the machine doing the MC recording? do you have more recordings scheduled than tuners available? etc.

If you go to MC standard view and look at Television > Server Tv Logs > are you seeing errors? are you seeing correct start times and end times? are you seeing the EPG Load happening at the correct times?
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]

davelr

• Junior Woodchuck
Re: Intermittent recording in DVR subscriptions
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2023, 10:59:45 am »

@tzr916 - Thanks for the tips. The tuners are only used on this one system and only by MC. There are two ATSC tuners and I don't have more than two scheduled recordings at the same time. That being said I haven't realized there are TV logs so I'll wait for some apparent missed records and check the logs. Thanks again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up