INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 9.0.121 beta  (Read 10571 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 9.0.121 beta
« on: February 26, 2003, 01:11:48 pm »

Media Center 9.0.121 beta is available.      

Many things will crash and not work.  If that worries you, please wait for a couple of weeks.

ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter90121.exe

1. NEW: Added sticky views. (remembers sorting, columns, list mode, etc. for different areas)
2. NEW: Navigation now remembers selection and scroll position when switching between views.
3. NEW: Audio CD's can be automatically played or ripped upon insertion into the drive. DVD's can be automatically played.
4. Changed: Double click will always return from Full screen. (not toggle Hairstyle)
5. Fixed: Video playback would not stop after playing the last file in Playing Now. (would just stall saying "Waiting...")
6. Fixed: Pressing previous wouldn't always fire a DVD's previous chapter.
7. Fixed: Full screen would change to Hairstyle when transitioning between media types.
8. Changed: Image playback would not stop after finishing the last image in a slideshow.
9. Changed: Mouse forward / back buttons now work for navigation in Hairstyle.
10. Changed: MC does a better job of disabling screensave and monitor poweroff in Fullscreen mode.
11. Changed: Search Wizard better at handling "list" data type.
12. Changed: MC better at handling emtpy "list" data type fields.
13. Changed: MC trims leading / trailing spaces on "list" data type fields.
14. Changed: Retooled "Confirm Delete" dialog to include both Recycle Bin and permanent deletion. (remembers which to use so when you hit [Shift]+[Del], it'll always be the same)
15. Fixed: Instead of reverting to the default library after failure to load a library, Media Center will load previously loaded library.
16. Fixed: Library Manager was showing incorrect state for the newly added library.
17. Fixed: Media Center was failing to create directory using UNC path.
18. Fixed: Current color of list control defined in mega-me skins was not used correctly.
19. Fixed: Implemented better handling of Media Server search replies.
20. Changed: Audio analysis during ripping is now on by default.
21. Fixed:  Media Center was not allowing to enter paths with leading or trailing periods in "File Naming and Location".
22. Fixed: Media Center was not clearing "recently imported" list on exit.
23. Changed: Duration would appear in the tooltip twice.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

DocLotus

• Retired and; Loving It!!!
Re: Media Center 9.0.121 beta
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2003, 01:24:02 pm »

Great fixes!!!

Keep it up!!!
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2003, 01:38:07 pm »

When going to the [Options] window and selecting [Encoding] it displays:

The MP3 encoder is not on your system - would you like to download.

If you select [Yes] it downloads from the internet but then MC Crashes.

nila

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2003, 01:40:00 pm »

Any chance of having MJ automatically create a .m3u playlist file for each album it rips - this is especially important to me now that MJ will automatically rip cd's for me. If it'll create the .m3u playlist for me with a naming format I specify then it'll really let it be fully automated.

I LOVE the way you've done the options screen - having 'advanced' options is a really good way to give more technical options to power users without confusing beginners with things they wont understand.

Sticky views are working GREAT so far :)

BUG:

The drop down lists in properties windows are specifying : hip-Hop and Hip-Hop as two seperate items yet the tree view doesn't and shows them as one.
The properties list needs to not be case sensitive.

MachineHead

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2003, 01:53:39 pm »

Any chance of having MJ automatically create a .m3u playlist file for each album it rips

Why stop there? How about CRC checksum values added to the comment field as well. I could kiss EAC goodbye forever then.

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2003, 01:53:40 pm »

Have you done anything with the Media Server in this build ?

It now works again and I can connect from another PC.

However, it only works if I turn off authentication.  If I enable authentication its not prompting me for a username/password when I try and connect from a remote MC client (which is why it fails I guess).

Thanks, Mark

nila

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2003, 01:56:44 pm »

Love the new re-working of the 'delete' options.

This might sound minor and it is so feel free to ignore it - just a suggestions:

For the wording of these options:
'Recycle File(s)'  doesn't sound very clear and for me it makes perfect sense, for half of the people I install MJ onto their machines for they'd be confused.
How about: 'Send File(s) to Recycle Bin'

'Leave File(s) on hard drive'  - this makes it sound a bit like MJ isn't going to do anything and is an option to 'leave it as it is (aka cancel)' - I understand it fine - my computer illiterate flat mate and mum dont.
This might work better:
'Leave File(s) on hard drive but remove from MJ Library'

Minor things I know but by the looks of it you guys are getting near production point so I'd imagine it's trim and tidy point with the major construction out of the way.

Also - one minor other wording question - on installation - I sTILL haven't worked out what the Auto install ...... checkbox means  from it's wording and I haven't heard any replies on here as to what it is.
Could this please be explained and possible the text here could be slightly better worded to explain what it means to first time users as well.

LOVE how it's going :)

DocLotus

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2003, 01:59:39 pm »

FIXED...

* LOVE the Sticky Views.

* LOVE Double Click now returns me to where I was... no Hairstyle... simply GREAT!!

Still A Problem...
* Upon installing over previous version... MC does not remember last Skin used such as Green Eyes.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

retrospek

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Hello !
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2003, 01:59:46 pm »

Oh Boy !! Sorry its me again  ::)

I'm now getting all of the cover art via media server as well (even the folder.jpg files).

I'm sure I never used to get the cover art with the music over media server (unless I'm going mad !).

Thanks,

Mark

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2003, 02:05:26 pm »

Hello

DVD's can be automatically played.

Thank you.

If anything in the tree is highlighted, when a DVD is pop in, whatever is highlighted will play. (not the DVD)

The only way they will play right, is if Start is highlighted and you are at the Welcome screen.

From what I can see.

Thanks
Griff
Or maybe this is the way you want it?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2003, 02:17:11 pm »

I don't think Media Server changed in this build.

The authentication problem may have been the problem others are seeing.  We'll check it.  

We're doing a lot of work on Media Server for an important reason.  It could be hit or miss for a few weeks, though it won't change now until Gateley gets back from Antarctica.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2003, 02:29:23 pm »

Sticky Views rock.  Finally my music does not display image height/width ;D

New media server thing did something funky.  I tried to connect to Kings with my old settings but failed and said reverting to previous library, however after clcicking okaty the library was blank.  reloaded default and it was all okay but...

Just noticed something with sticky views.  If I sort a view scheme under audio by artist it sorts all view schemes under audio by artist...  this is a bit counter intuiive.  It would be better if I could sort Artist/Album by Artist but AlbumArtist(auto) Multiple Artists by Album...

Strike that after restaring and reading Jims post to NIla in another thread I think I may have been talking crap ;D

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

KeystoneCop

• Galactic Citizen
  • I hate computers..
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2003, 02:50:04 pm »

Thanks for all the GREAT Changes..

Still getting the error msg at the end of each batch of TRACK lookups from YADB.  

hit ok, and it moves along ok..
There is a way to compare tags

[=isequal([band],[album])]=1

thanks marko

MachineHead

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2003, 02:50:21 pm »

EEK!! What happened to sorting? I hope this isn't based on something 'smart' now. I kind of like to have it the way I want in the list view. Please tell me it didn't go the way of the dodo bird.

ZRocker

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2003, 02:53:23 pm »

1. NEW: Added sticky views. (remembers sorting, columns, list mode, etc. for different areas)

Bugs:
1. Column ordering, column sizing (width) and enabled columns are not remembered now in *any* view.  I'm stuck in 'Revert to Default Columns' mode it seems.
[wow...I've been censored too...shame on me, I guess]

graham131

• Galactic Citizen
  • Yadb (get it?) dabba do.....
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2003, 03:01:04 pm »

Why stop there? How about CRC checksum values added to the comment field as well. I could kiss EAC goodbye forever then.

Both of those would be ggggreat Matt

RemyJ

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2003, 03:01:18 pm »

Bugs:
1. Column ordering, column sizing (width) and enabled columns are not remembered now in *any* view.

Yep, not very sticky for me either.
Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2003, 03:04:54 pm »

Column ordering, column sizing (width) and enabled columns are not remembered now in *any* view.

I wonder if settings for sorting (or something else?) over-rule sticky.  We'll check it tomorrow.

DocLotus

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2003, 03:07:48 pm »

This build is REALLY FAST!!  Loads in seconds including the TV.

Must be getting close to final release??

Any chance of getting popup keys (like TAB) for common TV controls?  This would put the finishing touches on MC for me!

bellipod

• Recent member
  • iPod rocks!
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2003, 03:30:59 pm »

Which iPod plug-in does this build use?  I haven't been around for awhile because my old build was working just fine (9.0.100), but now is having issues.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2003, 03:32:44 pm »

Try the iPod thread here.

mkutsen

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2003, 03:37:12 pm »

1)Clicking a *.rm link downloads the file instead of streaming it.  If I cut and paste the link in to "Open URL of streaming file" dialog box, the file streams fine.      

Clicking on a *.ram link does nothing.  Again, if I cut and paste it into "Open URL of streaming file" dialog box, the file streams fine.      

BOTH file types are registered under MC9 in IE Folder options.      

2)Direct Sound only outputs to the front two channels bypassing the Audigy Surround Sound and digital effects software.  If I attempt to use the MC9 DSP effects and JRSS, it does map to all of my 4 channels, but sounds like crap -- lots of crackling.    

3)ASIO crashes about a minute into an internet audio stream (MP3 web radio), or if you click on another link while playing a stream.  

Media Center Registered 9.0.121 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\    

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)    
Intel Pentium 4 2782 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 303 MB    

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)    
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer    

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max    
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max    
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767    
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\notify.wav    

Burning /  Drive D: SONY     DVD+RW  DRU-120A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  Use MJ Engine:Yes    
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes    
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

bellipod

• Recent member
  • iPod rocks!
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2003, 04:07:44 pm »

Ok, well my problem was not just with the old build....my smartlists are only updating a little bit.  I have 2571 total audio files in my library...but in my smartlist "iPod Tunes" there are only 1888 files.  
I do have one limit but it only limits 100 total files......
What's the deal?
I recently added all those new files, and some are on the smartlist, while others are not.  1888 is the number of files previously there though.  I'm lost.

Tiberius

• Junior Woodchuck
  • A big dog is twice as big as a dog 1/2 it's size..
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2003, 04:10:23 pm »

I am still having an issue with the "output format" in DSP Studio. If I enable and try to play a mp3 MC just closes. No windows crash box-nothing just poof gone.

Reopen MC uncheck "output format" and MC works again.

Media Center Registered 9.0.121 -- d:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 3448 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 628 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive S:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive T:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive T: TDK      CDRW5200B          Addr: 0:0:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:52  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Failure is not an option...however it is often included at no extra charge...

Charlemagne 8

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2003, 04:29:36 pm »

-MC9.0.121 is sluggish to start and locks up when "Recording" is activated. CTRL+ALT+DEL and close MC is the only escape. Restarting the computer doesn't help.
-Playback is jumpy and skips like a bad vinyl record whether playing MP3's, ape's or wav's, either in Digital or Analog playback
-Download Manager won't work at all. It just sits there until Emusic's DM opens. I can disable EDM but I've never had to before.
-Plug-ins won't install. When installing, I get an error message of -- Package Installer "Version Info File is Invalid". Don't know if that's related.
-When trying to automatically install the MP3 encoder (It says it's missing, Do I want to install it?), I get an "Invalid package file. Cannot continue." That keeps looping until I say "No" a couple of times.
-When trying to download them from the site, I get a "Failed to install package" and a "Failed to unzip ..." whatever plugin I'm trying to download.

Media Center Registered 9.0.121 -- d:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Celeron 534 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 260 MB, Free - 98 MB
Resource Info: System - 45 %, GDI - 68 %, User - 45 %

Internet Explorer: 5.50.4807.2300 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 5.50.4807.2300
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive G:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: No /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive G:          40X12X48 CD-RW     Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
 Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None
That's right.
I'm cool.

RemyJ

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2003, 04:58:38 pm »

Lots of good stuff...

• Fixed  Date Opened: 2003/02/25  Priority: High
    Rename file from properties fails for a UNC destination directory

• Fixed  Date Opened: 2003/02/25  Priority: High
    MC will not update tags for any file referenced with a UNC path.

• Fixed  Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    Find and Replace and direct edit of filename don't handle UNC paths

• Fixed  Date Opened: 2002/11/14  Priority: Medium
    I get multiple duplicate replies from the Media Server if either the server or client have multiple network interfaces

• Fixed  Date Opened: 2002/11/14  Priority: Medium
    If you cancel out of the Media Search results list box you get a 'failed to connect' message and you get dumped into the default library instead of the library you were originally connected to.

• Fixed  Date Opened: 2002/10/11  Priority: Low
    In 'File Naming and Location' you can't enter paths with leading or trailing periods.  I.E.  If I try to enter a path for track images like 'm:\.coverart' the period gets stripped out as soon as I move the cursor out of the entry field

• New  Date Opened: 2003/02/26  Priority: Medium
    Sticky views aren't sticking

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The confirmation box that pops up on a Find and Replace on filename if the destination file already exists needs more options.  'Accept, Accept All, Ignore, Ignore All and Cancel'

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/02/24  Priority: High
    The converter forces '[ARTIST]/[ALBUM]' directory naming which un-does directoy changes made to compilation albums to get them into the 'multiple artists' category.

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/02/23  Priority: High
    Changed made to Album Artist field in CD & DVD prior to ripping don't make it into the ripped file's properties

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/02/19  Priority: High
    Auto-Rip keeps prompting for the next CD without ripping the current one.

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/02/13  Priority: High
    Converter won't convert to UNC destination directory.  Says 'Failed' for each track but updates the Filename property as though it had completed.  Update: MC now just dies when it tries to encode the file.

• Open  Date Opened: 2002/11/09  Priority: High
    'Calculate replay gain during ripping' isn't doing anything

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/02/26  Priority: Medium
    If you try to connect to a media server that doesn't exist, MC get's caught in a loop of message boxes and crashes

• Open  Date Opened: 2002/11/14  Priority: Medium
    When the media server responds to a search, it responds with the first interface it's bound to even if that interface isn't reachable by the client that issued the search request.   My server has 2 interfaces, one private, one public.  My laptop is on the public network.  I issue a search from the laptop and the server responds with the name and ip address of the private interface which the laptop can never reach.  Combined with the previous problem, I can get 4 responses for the private interface, all useless

If the client actually gets only 1 response to a Media Server search, it tries to connect immediately.  It should problably give you an option to see the response and confirm that you want to connect to it.

When 'Decode directly to CD' is unchecked, and you burn more than 1 CD, the raw temp file is deleted and recreated for each CD instead of using the one created at the start of the first burn

• Open  Date Opened: 2002/10/15  Priority: Medium
    Analyze Audio isn't handling tracks under 10 seconds very well.   BPM is left at 0 and gains are set anywhere from -20db to +159db.   This would be OK if there were a way to manually adjust the gain and peak level values instead of just being able to clear them

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/02/21  Priority: Low
    If you hold down the CTRL key while selecting items in the details pane, you can only select 5-6 before
    the previous selections un-select themselves.

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/02/13  Priority: Low
    The YADB track lookup will only work in small batches.  I just tried a batch of 14 track from 'Neko Case' 'Blacklisted' and got the last 4 tracks only.  Had to go back and do 4 at a time to get them all.

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/01/22  Priority: Low
    'Decode files directly to CD' is both on the main CD writer settings page and the settings sub-page but the checkboxes aren't synchronized

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/01/22  Priority: Low
    Can't turn off tooltips for the drop target and player controls.

• Open  Date Opened: 2003/01/13  Priority: Low
    Column widths aren't saving again.  You have to drag the column separator twice to get the first change to stick.

• Open  Date Opened: 2002/09/26  Priority: Low
    When collapsing 'Auto Smartlists (audio)' after selecting one of the random or favorite lists, the app hangs for about 10 seconds while spinning the cpu at 100%

Fedora 38 x86_64 Xfce

ashawley

• Galactic Citizen
This Re: Media Center 9.0.121 beta
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2003, 05:34:45 pm »

This one's been around forever, never seen you guys acknowledge it, so I thought a picture would help.

When using "date imported" in a smartlist through the wizard, the list of available dates isn't in the correct format.  In fact, I don't know what format it's in.  

Adam(S)

cct1

• World Citizen
  • I like shiny things
« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2003, 06:04:42 pm »

This build is still not clearing the "recently imported " autosmartlist after exiting MC9.

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2003, 06:19:18 pm »

my sorting is way messed up........im not getting any sticky views, and my sorting goes back to some scrambled mess.....nothing stays sorted

Media Center Registered 9.0.121 -- C:\Program Files\Media Jukebox\

Intel Pentium 4 2468 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 796 MB

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: Yes  Soundfile:   C:\WINDOWS\Media\tada.wav

Burning /  Drive F: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8160B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

Joe Karnes

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2003, 06:41:20 pm »

I noticed that cct1 posted that Recently Imported was not clearing upon closing MC9.

It is working correctly for me now.  Thank you, Joe Karnes

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2003, 08:51:23 pm »

Changing TV channels still takes 4 seconds and the image is upside down :(

Media Center 9.0.121 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Intel Pentium 4 2542 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 115 MB

Ripping /   Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive F:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max

Burning /  Drive F: TDK      CDRW241040X        Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:24  MaxSpeed:24  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No

5TillFree

• Recent member
  • Rock On!
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2003, 09:26:26 pm »

I don't update on every new revision but I noticed that around version 9.0.119 the file size changed dramatically! Version 9.0.113 was around 11.4 MB, and version  9.0.119 was only about 7.54 MB. What was yanked? I also lost the ability to convert to WMA after upgrading to 9.0.119.  Any chance the decrease in file size is a result? 9.0.121 has same problem. I installed WMP encoder about the same time too. Problem?
»» Select Windows Freeware ««
http://www.SelectFreeware.com

jeffh

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2003, 09:56:38 pm »

I am having a problem that whenever I try and rip a CD MC dies when it is at the end of the last song. I have seen this on more then one CD.

Media Center Registered 9.0.121 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
AMD Athlon 1536 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1015 MB, Free - 649 MB

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeSecure   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  No burners found.

Mastiff

• MC Beta Team
  • The Multi-Zone Tzar
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2003, 10:01:17 pm »

5Tillfree, you're not listening either.  ;D The reason was in a thread a few versions ago: WM9 came into the build and then was kicked out, so you only have to download it if you want to use WM9 files. And I like it! I don't trust WM9.  8)
Tor with the Cinema Inferno & Multi-Zone Audio system

MarkCoutinho

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2003, 10:06:18 pm »

1) I still don't get the ö, é, è etc. Is this just my problem? Because from some other reactions I see that they do not have that problem. I hadn't this problem up til version 0080 or something like that.  
Is in Matt's hands by now, though.

2) Slide bars don't work (well) in various playlists. Also: if the slider works, it isn't quick enough. And the up- and down-arrows don't work at all in these playlists.

3) if you want to drag a file within a playlist, the screen runs from the end to the beginning.  
I'll try to explain it a bit: if you have, say, 300 files in a playlist and you want to put number 300 to number 80: when you start dragging you're at position number 1 within 1 second. Some quick jerking with the mouse is required to get to the number 80 position

4) Editing the Name-properties of a jpg or mp3 is very slow responsive (correct English?): when typing the letters appear with quite a delay
Mark Coutinho
Dutch Top 40 collector of lyrics, sleeves and bios

Marko

« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2003, 10:54:55 pm »

Version 120 was the best for me for a looong time, but I really want to check out the sticky views :)
I may be back with more shortly, but for now, there's this....

I deleted everything prior to the 120 installation, but chose to go the "over the top" route for v121. Got something for the 1st time with this, namely, a "reboot" request because "setup was unable to copy some files". Hokay, allowed it to reboot, and was greeted with this....

I stared at this a while to allow the message to sink in, then clicked OK and was greeted by this....

clicked ok to this and setup tells me it's completed.
As both these elements sound pretty crucial to MC functioning to expectations, I didn't bother trying to run it, I removed everything and reran setup. This time it was as smooth as the proverbial baby's behind:). Now I'm off to play around with it and see what else I can break!!!!!
Oh yeah, before anyone suggests it, I can confirm that MC was NOT running before installing v121.
Those errors could do with a tidy-up too. "Media Jukebox 8.0 Install Wizard" ??

Media Center Registered 9.0.121 -- C:\Program Files\Media Center\

AMD Athlon 1610 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 670 MB

Ripping /   Drive L:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive Q:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive R:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive R: PLEXTOR  CD-R   PX-W1610A   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:16  MaxSpeed:16  Use MJ Engine:Yes

michel

« Reply #36 on: February 27, 2003, 01:18:22 am »

media center (9.0.120, not checked with 121):

MC client player window displays mm:ss/Live instead of mm:ss/total duration as in previous version (if I am not wrong !).

BTW, MC is becoming more and more nice; you are doing a very good job, congratulations !

nila

« Reply #37 on: February 27, 2003, 01:48:30 am »

BUG:
  • mjextman.exe /command next
    this is wiping the current playlist and just giving an error saying no files to play :(

michel

« Reply #38 on: February 27, 2003, 01:58:45 am »

media center (9.0.120, not checked with 121):

MC client player window displays mm:ss/Live instead of mm:ss/total duration as in previous version (if I am not wrong !).
!

Only for ogg file (it is right for mp3 files).

DocLotus

« Reply #39 on: February 27, 2003, 02:20:25 am »

Sticky Views:

* When MC minimized to the Task Try (not the Task Bar) & I right mouse click on the MC icon, then select Exit, MC will not re-load minimized to the Task Try.

* I usually load MC with the TV in a window which automatically reduces MC itself minimized to the Task Try.  Upon exiting MC it will not re-load windowed as I last had it.

All other Sticky View items including the Sort List order seem to be working great for me.

sstrick

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2003, 04:24:29 am »

Any chance to get the pda plugin working?

e-joe

• nothing more to say...
Web Media problem since .120
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2003, 04:49:25 am »

Greetings,

I'm a registred MJ & MC user and since the day MC upgraded itself from version ? to .120 I can no longer connect to my added radio stations. I've tried removing them all and adding them again to no avail. The error message I get is "Please select file(s) to play."

The funny thing is I can access MC's preconfigured stations without any problems.

I have not changed firewalls or done anything else to my XP-system that I think could have anything to do with the problem.

Any help would be much appreciated as I like to listen to various radio shows through MC.

Regards,

e-joe  :)

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #42 on: February 27, 2003, 04:58:00 am »

• Nomad II Plugin : MC is cutting of the ends of songs (sometimes up to the last quarter of the song) on the Nomad. This must have begun in one of that last few builds since songs I transferred to the Nomad previously (no idea when) are fine, but songs I transferred Tuesday morning are all chopped.

NoCodeUK

« Reply #43 on: February 27, 2003, 05:00:37 am »

The PDA plugin is working fine now.  You need to download the new one.  I got it the other day and it works great...

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #44 on: February 27, 2003, 05:06:54 am »

So I don't have to waste a blank CD, does anybody know if the problem with MC screwing up track numbers is fixed?

aussie1

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2003, 07:01:18 am »

1. Import Media (Mp3 files): When reading artist, if TPE2 contains data, artist is filled with data from TPE2.  If TPE2 is blank, then artist is filled with data from TPE1.  You should be consistent.  Artist should always correspond to data from TPE1.  

Marko

« Reply #46 on: February 27, 2003, 07:58:27 am »

Bug or design?
After d'loading and installing the mp3 plugin, MC crashes. Exits silently, just disappears. Upon restarting (MC), the plugin has installed.
If this is by design, a message letting the user know what's about to occur and why might be nice.

Still can't get MC to start minmised to tray.

Next & Previous are playing up badly. Via the media keyboard keys, the right-click tray menu, or MC's player controll buttons, they cause the track that has focus to change to the "playing now" track, but doesn't play it. Track info in the playing control area does not update untill I actually begin playing the track.

System info same as above.

Byhtomit

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #47 on: February 27, 2003, 09:26:44 am »

Whenever I try to rip a partially defective CD, MC9.0.121 ß crashes with the following error:

Unhandled exception at 0x76b4ad79 in Media Jukebox.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000204.

Here is the stack trace and the code which it is executing when the crash occurs:

> winmm.dll!76b4ad79()  
 cdripper.ocx!026aab8b()  
 cdripper.ocx!026ab291()  
 cdripper.ocx!026c8e6d()  
 kernel32.dll!77e7d33b()

76B4AD61  push   esi  
76B4AD62  push   esi  
76B4AD63  push   esi  
76B4AD64  push   ebx  
76B4AD65  call   76B492C1  
76B4AD6A  xor    esi,esi  
76B4AD6C  inc    esi  
76B4AD6D  jmp    76B499E9  
76B4AD72  mov    eax,dword ptr [esp+4]  
76B4AD76  lea    ecx,[eax+1]  
76B4AD79  mov    dl,byte ptr [eax]

Here's the register values in case you need them:

EAX = 00000204 EBX = 029AFEA8 ECX = 00000205 EDX = 0272217E ESI = 029AFEBC  
EDI = 000060AC EIP = 76B4AD79 ESP = 029AFE04 EBP = 029AFE90 EFL = 00000246

While I understand that MC9 should fail when trying to rip a defective CD, it shouldn't crash.

Thanks,
Timothy

IanH

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never fly the "A" model of anything...
« Reply #48 on: February 27, 2003, 09:29:20 am »

After upgrading to .121.  Loading is sluggish, mouse has gotten jumpy all of a sudden when Media Center is maximized or minimized!

It was great up until this point!

:(

Media Center Registered 9.0.121 -- E:\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 707 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 345 MB
Resource Info: System - 43 %, GDI - 78 %, User - 43 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 4.72.3812.600
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive J:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive K:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767

Burning /  Drive K: SONY     CD-RW  CRX100E     Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:4  MaxSpeed:4  Use MJ Engine:Yes

IanH

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Never fly the "A" model of anything...
« Reply #49 on: February 27, 2003, 09:33:16 am »

Sorry..meant to say mouse is jumpy when MC is open or minimized to tray.  Same thing in Mini-Me.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up