INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver and Lynx aes16 ASIO behavior  (Read 732 times)

adrixn

JRiver and Lynx aes16 ASIO behavior
« on: March 29, 2023, 07:25:18 am »

Hello,

It's been a few years that I use this couple with pleasure but an aspect bothers me now.
It looks like JRiver uses a channel record for...what? And especially in my case it prohibits the use of the first two outputs (play 1/2).
In fact, the signal is visible on the meter but nothing is transmitted to the DAC.

For years I started using channel 3/4, but today I need to recover its two dead outputs.. I tried many things but without success.

Any ideas ..?
Thanks

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: JRiver and Lynx aes16 ASIO behavior
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2023, 08:52:31 am »

Hello,

It's been a few years that I use this couple with pleasure but an aspect bothers me now.
It looks like JRiver uses a channel record for...what? And especially in my case it prohibits the use of the first two outputs (play 1/2).
In fact, the signal is visible on the meter but nothing is transmitted to the DAC.

For years I started using channel 3/4, but today I need to recover its two dead outputs.. I tried many things but without success.

Any ideas ..?
Thanks

Hmm, I've used a bunch of interfaces, not the Lynx. I've never seen JRiver try to take control of capture while doing normal playback to other audio interfaces that support recording.

I assume you've already tried fully resetting the Lynx mixer settings?

Beyond this, do 1&2 work in other software?

EDIT: now that I'm thinking about this more, have you tried using a different breakout cable? If the metering is showing that there's something getting 'to' 1&2, it makes me think cable or mixer routing config

adrixn

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2023, 10:06:16 am »

Yes I even changed my computer since, and recently reinstalled some drivers, and yesterday I uninstalled/reinstalled the Lynx (which somewhat fixed another huge dropout problem in recording).

The behavior is the same from the beginning, despite the changes.

I will try to reconnect play 1/2 (but I ordered cables for that, I have nothing left).

In the meantime I checked, if I send the signal present on 1/2 to 3/4 (in the mixer), the signal is complete (unfiltered). While my configuration file for convolution does not use these two outputs..
I don't understand where the order to use them comes from.

EDIT: If I use REW in ASIO to generate a sine directly to 1/2 (redirected to 3/4) or to 3/4, I have the 1/2 record always on.
So it would rather be the Lynx and not a problem in JRiver...

(with REW in java I have huge dropouts)

kotani

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 11:12:42 pm »

Just to add to this, my Lynx Two-B card does the same thing. When connecting with ASIO using jriver, I have the first two recording channels active due to jriver, just like your screen shot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up