INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't display Album on Theater View  (Read 494 times)

cochinada

• World Citizen
Can't display Album on Theater View
« on: April 17, 2023, 04:03:40 pm »

Hello,

I think this is another bug.

These are my settings for my soundtrack Genre:

and this is the result I get on Theater View:

What I expect to see is the icon for the Album with the respective Year, like "1992 - Twin Peaks - Fire Walk With Me", after selecting "Angelo Badalamenti" and not the list of tracks right away.

mwillems

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • "Linux Merit Badge" Recipient
Re: Can't display Album on Theater View
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2023, 06:23:47 pm »

So I can't read the text in your picture of your settings (looks like you maybe took a photo of your screen with a camera?), so I'm just taking a stab at it based on your description, but do you see the same behavior when there's more than one album under the same artist?  I think theater view skips intermediate views when there would only be one item in the view to save clicks.

If you see the same issue where the artist has multiple albums, maybe try reposting your settings using the print screen button (that should get you a native screenshot on most Linux DEs and will be easier to read).

cochinada

• World Citizen
Re: Can't display Album on Theater View
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 02:53:20 am »

So I can't read the text in your picture of your settings (looks like you maybe took a photo of your screen with a camera?), so I'm just taking a stab at it based on your description, but do you see the same behavior when there's more than one album under the same artist?  I think theater view skips intermediate views when there would only be one item in the view to save clicks.

If you see the same issue where the artist has multiple albums, maybe try reposting your settings using the print screen button (that should get you a native screenshot on most Linux DEs and will be easier to read).

Yes, I did it with a camera as I don't know a way to capture an image on Linux and save it to a file. The image is poor but you can read it if you magnify it. Anyway these are my settings:

Album Artist (auto)
Year - Album

Set Rules for file display:
Genre is all Soundtrack

As for what you say, you are correct. I see albums when there is more than one per Album Artist.
Saving clicks is a good idea but omitting the Album title is not. What alternative is there to show it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up