INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Google TV (Chromecast) and JRiver for Android (30.0.91)  (Read 810 times)

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
Google TV (Chromecast) and JRiver for Android (30.0.91)
« on: April 19, 2023, 09:13:49 am »

MC Library server: 29.0.30 (on Debian Linux VM)
Chromecast OS 12, MC for Android 30.0.91

have been looking for a media player that has the desired streaming service apps and can get content from a MC Library Server.  Tonight I connected a Chomecast device (Google TV) to the TV that had not been used for almost 12 months.  To my surprise JRiver for Android was available in the Play Store, so purchased and started using it.

• loaded remote library OK.  Some video content played OK, but got what looked like crashes when returning to the list of videos
  • upgraded Chromecast device.  Believe that took it to version 12 and Jan 2023 security patches.  Could no longer load the MC remote library
  • Playstore indicated there was a new MC Android version available.  installed that and able to load the remote library
  • Movie currently playing
  • thumbnails are building

I was hopeful that MC for Android would have a resume playing option so can resume watching content without having to fast-forward from the beginning.  Doesn't look like it does.  Is this functionality on the roadmap & if so any idea on when it may be available?

thanks,

Steve

Also - is there any testing you would like performed?

BradATIMA

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Google TV (Chromecast) and JRiver for Android (30.0.91)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2023, 11:33:42 am »

I was hopeful that MC for Android would have a resume playing option so can resume watching content without having to fast-forward from the beginning.  Doesn't look like it does.  Is this functionality on the roadmap & if so any idea on when it may be available?

Bookmarks for videos should be implemented shortly, although I don't have an exact date.

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2023, 05:44:18 pm »

thanks

Any information you want on crashes / unresponsiveness?

tried this morning and it would not play video.  Reloaded the remote library and could then play it

regards,

Steve

BradATIMA

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2023, 07:33:08 pm »

Are there steps to reproduce the crashes or unresponsiveness? How many files are in the library? Are there particular files that cause problems or is it any file?

stevemac

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2023, 04:16:35 am »

Total Files: 8148 (Video = 1460)

Have not spotted a trend.  Click on a video to play and screen goes gray and after a little while get presented with app page again and can select video and it plays

Have found one video that a plays but has no image, just sound.  Video codec is VC-1.  Will try and find other content that is VC-1 and will report back

Code: [Select]
Video
ID                                       : 1
Format                                   : VC-1
Format profile                           : Advanced@L3
Codec ID                                 : V_MS/VFW/FOURCC / WVC1
Codec ID/Hint                            : Microsoft
Duration                                 : 2 h 50 min
Width                                    : 1 920 pixels
Height                                   : 1 080 pixels
Display aspect ratio                     : 16:9
Frame rate mode                          : Constant
Frame rate                               : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
Color space                              : YUV
Chroma subsampling                       : 4:2:0
Bit depth                                : 8 bits
Scan type                                : Progressive
Compression mode                         : Lossy
Language                                 : English
Default                                  : No
Forced                                   : No

[

BradATIMA

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2023, 05:33:10 pm »

Have not spotted a trend.  Click on a video to play and screen goes gray and after a little while get presented with app page again and can select video and it plays

I've seen this a couple of times, where going back to the browser will go blank and then go back to the main page. It does indicate a crash in the browser view, but I haven't been able to find the cause yet.

Have found one video that a plays but has no image, just sound.  Video codec is VC-1.  Will try and find other content that is VC-1 and will report back

JRiver for Android uses ExoPlayer for video. I believe ExoPlayer currently doesn't support VC-1. Are there other Android players that will handle it?
Pages: [1]   Go Up