INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playlist thumbnails style has a thumbnail for each track, not per album  (Read 436 times)

AldoAlvarez

• Recent member

Hi, all!

I am a MC newbie, here.  I am almost done learning the software, but I can't figure out how to make the thumbnails style of viewing a playlist so it shows one thumbnail per album instead of one thumbnail per track (as you can see in the attached screencap).  This display is unaltered by the existence or absence of an album artist tag.

If someone could take a moment to let me know how to program the software so it shows one thumbnial per album in a playlist, I would appreciate it.  I've been searching for an answer in these boards and the Wiki and I cannot find a solution.

Thanks in advance!

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

The Mode you have the playlist set to is "thumbnails".  Thumbnails shows an album thumbnail per song.  You might instead enjoy "details" which shows a more compact view, as a list with one song per line and an optional (tiny) thumbnail.

See at the top, where the name of your playlist is on the tab?  It's lableled "808 state".  Click the arrow there and select List style.  Try all the styles and see what you like.

You can also use PANES views to show playlists and their contents.  This presents some interesting possibilities.  My playlists tend to be entire albums.  So I don't need to see the songs.  In this PANES view, I can set the list style to "Album Thumbnails", which only shows one entry per album.  It's not just one icon per album.  It's one entry per album, with no songs shown.  This may or may not be desirable for you.

Best of luck.
Brian.

AldoAlvarez

• Recent member

I am not crazy about list style unless I am moving tracks around for a "mix tape" playlist or it's a playlist with only a few albums, singles and remixes of other artists.  The list-style scroll on my 808 State playlist is looooong, though! (See image.)

Thanks for the Panes suggestion. It's an improvement as it's easier for me to navigate it. (See image.)

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe

Glad Panes did something positive for you.  In my opinion, Panes views are the most powerful, most flexible, and best view in MC.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up