INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Feature Request]Video Player Enhancements  (Read 685 times)

masterful

• Recent member
[Feature Request]Video Player Enhancements
« on: April 25, 2023, 04:30:03 pm »

-YouTube has a thumbnails that popup when a user hovers over the timeline, this helps in quickly locating a scene the user is interested in. there's also an option to view the videos' frames when users pull up on the timeline. both these features are of great help in jumping to scenes of interest in videos being watched on the platform, it would be great to see such features implemented in Media Center.

-would like to have a feature that would enable users to rewind or forward a video, frame by frame, by using the mouse scroll wheel

-a bookmark system for Media Center would be of use to those who may use the software to view video tutorials. if a user has a point of interest in a tutorial they are watching, they would be able to set a bookmark on that location and it would be saved along with a thumbnail of the scene for easy identification when browsing their saved bookmarks.

i hope that there's enough interest in seeing these features implemented in future versions of Media Center.

Thank you.

eve

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: [Feature Request]Video Player Enhancements
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 09:13:35 am »

-YouTube has a thumbnails that popup when a user hovers over the timeline, this helps in quickly locating a scene the user is interested in. there's also an option to view the videos' frames when users pull up on the timeline. both these features are of great help in jumping to scenes of interest in videos being watched on the platform, it would be great to see such features implemented in Media Center.

Way bigger ask than you think. You pretty much *have* to generate these beforehand. It can be done on the fly but you risk compromising the user playback experience as you seek into the file to extract these 'thumbs' during playback.
I tend to keep features like that disabled in other software. I've toyed with pre-generating BIFs for everything but it's a monumental task with the size of my library.

masterful

• Recent member
Re: [Feature Request]Video Player Enhancements
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2023, 03:31:12 pm »

appreciate your views on this feature.

if these features are implemented there would of course exist the ability to enable or disable them as a user wishes, since different users may have different use cases for MC.
Pages: [1]   Go Up