INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank You! And a couple of questions/issues...  (Read 482 times)

djp

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Thank You! And a couple of questions/issues...
« on: April 26, 2023, 05:30:54 pm »

First and foremost--thank you for makemkv support in MC 30 Linux! I can now build a low-cost (~$150) MC client that can serve up my DVD rips and doesn't rely on M$ (which was never a "build and forget" OS, but has become almost unusable as an HTPC OS due to endless pandering for other M$ services). I haven't quite gotten to the stability testing point, but the simple tests look great!

OK, now the questions/issues. As background: Intel N5105, 8GB memory, Fedora 38 Workstation, MC 30.0.93 installed using installJRMC.

1) The system doesn't detect the remote control IR sensor. Both an "official MC" IR sensor and a 3rd party sensor (both of which work fine under Win 10/11 and MC) are automatically installed by Fedora as /dev/lirc0. Does Debian mount it as something different? If so, what? (I'll just try making a link for the time being).
2) MC does not maintain a different choice for default library. I'm able to connect to a separate MC Server and create a library entry for that. However, after reboot, it reverts to the standard default library. There don't seem to be any permission issues (the install was done at the user level, and the library entry for the remote server still exists/appears), but nothing I've tried has made the default library stick to the remote server following a reboot. Ideas?

Many Thanks,
-- Dennis

djp

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Thank You! And a couple of questions/issues...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2023, 04:25:33 pm »

Installed Debian 12 instead of Fedora 38, and reinstalled 30.0.93. MC remembers the last library choice properly now, but the IR sensor is still installed as /dev/lirc0, and is still not recognized. I'll also report this in the official 30.0.93 thread.

David Sydney

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Thank You! And a couple of questions/issues...
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2023, 03:07:10 am »

Different platform the functionality between the same version in Linux and Windows is not the same.... I don't think MCE Remote control via MCE IR remote is one of the features of the Linux MC. The opetions are different between platforms on the same version. But having said that my IR senor is a USB device and is recognised in Linux as a UID because I get basic function like volume control and open of theartre view, arrows, OK button does not work but enter dowwn on the bottom does etc. I am not sure what device it wound up being in Linux, I will have a look.

Dave
------
Linux Manjaro 23 / Windows 10 Pro | i7 14700K Gigabyte Z790 UD AX | JRMark 10253 | Realtek Integrated HDAudio SPDIF | PC Sound - Yamaha TSS-15 5.1 DAC (will be sad when capacitors die!)| Real Sound - DLNA Network to Yamaha RX-V777 Receiver Living Room + Deck | DLNA to Paired Yamaha WiFi WX-010 MusicCast Speakers to Outside Areas
Pages: [1]   Go Up