INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Feature Request] Enhance DSP studio  (Read 430 times)

Amfibius

• Recent member
[Feature Request] Enhance DSP studio
« on: April 27, 2023, 01:34:05 am »

I just upgraded from MC 29 to 30. Happy to keep supporting MC. I noticed that a few bugs that have persisted since MC 20 have been fixed - well done! Here are a few suggestions for further improvement:

1. Still some persistent bugs. MC 30 now loads new convolution filters immediately when the configuration file is changed. However, on a few occasions MC still persists with the old convolution .WAV file even though I have replaced the .WAV file in that directory with a new one.

2. Convolution AB comparator. Would it be possible to add an AB comparator so that filters can be switched immediately whilst music is still playing? Some other convolvers (e.g. Hang Loose Convolver, Acourate Convolver, etc) have "filter banks" where different filter configurations are loaded into different banks, and can be immediately A-B'ed. This is important for us who regularly experiment with target curves and various DSP enhancements.

3. MC currently uses the industry standard convolver configuration file, described here. Some other players, e.g. HQPlayer, has a GUI for entering these details and it would be much simpler to use. I am past my learning curve now and I know how to write a config file, but moving towards a GUI would make it less intimidating for newer users.

4. Support for 32 bit VST plugins in 64 bit JRiver. I have some older VST plugins that I would like to try, but I am unable to do so without using third party apps like jbridge.
Pages: [1]   Go Up