INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Custom View not working after upgrade from 26 to 30  (Read 393 times)

CrouchingOwl

• Recent member
Custom View not working after upgrade from 26 to 30
« on: April 28, 2023, 08:03:01 pm »

I had been using Version 26 of JRiver for quite some time very happily but my attempt to transfer to version 30 isn't going well.  Where it's breaking is in transfering the custom views I had set up in version 26.  I created two of these by putting the name of a collection in the field named Custom and then using the "Set Rules for File display" to limit the view to only that collection.  For example, in version 26 filtering for "Early Music Collection" gets 29 albums but nothing shows at all using the same rules for version 30.  The other albums appear to be accessible, they just don't show up in the views.  I also checked and the appropriate collection name still shows in the "Custom" Tag.  Does version 30 handle the "Custom" field or the "set Rules for file display" differently so that I'd need to define the search differently to make it still work?  I've tried setting up a view from scratch using the same rules as well as importing and I just can't tell what is going wrong.  When I set these up in version 26 everything was intuitive and worked more or less on the first try, now I seem to be stuck.

I've attached an image of the settings I created for the view that isn't working in case that helps.  And yes the name filter gets split into multiple words.  When I tried using just one keyword it seemed to provide results based on any tag field not just the one named "Custom".  For example if I tell it to filter the "Custom" field for the word "Early" it includes Peter Paul and Mary's "Early Mornin' Rain" even though that text is from the "Name" field not the "Custom" field.  Oddly, the search by "Custom" seems to apply to any field except the one named Custom.

EnglishTiger

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Custom View not working after upgrade from 26 to 30
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2023, 11:44:16 am »

One reason why the view is not working the way you want is because the Rules are set up wrong.

To get a View to show files based on the content of a Single Tag then you should use a Standard 'Tag is Value', or 'Tag contains Value', rule and not the rule you are using.

So for a View that only shows the Albums from your "The Early Music Collection" the rule should read "[Custom] (in 1st dropdown box)  is (in 2nd dropdown box) The Early Music Collection (in 3rd dropdown box)"
Win NUC - VENOEN 11Th NUC Mini PC Core i7 1165G7,Dual HDMI 2.0+Mini DP,Windows 11 Mini Desktop Computer,Thunderbolt 4.0,1 Lan, USB-C,Wifi,Bluetooth 5.0,32GB RAM Toshiba MQ04ABF100 ‎500Gb 5400 RPM ‎eSATA HD, Gigabyte GP-GSM2NE3512GNTD 1Tb NVMe SSD, Samsung 870 QVO 8 TB SATA 2.5 Inch SSD (MZ-77Q8T0) in Sabrent Ultra Slim USB 3.0 to 2.5-Inch SATA External Aluminium Hard Drive Enclosure (EC-UK30)

Apple 2020 Mac mini M1 Chip (8GB RAM, 512GB SSD)
Sabrent Thunderbolt 3 to Dual NVMe M.2 SSD Tool-Free Enclosure with Sabrent 2TB Rocket NVMe PCIe M.2 2280 High Performance SSD + Crucial P3 Plus 4TB M.2 PCIe

ET Skins & TrackInfo Plugins - https://englishtiger.uk/index.html

CrouchingOwl

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 07:00:03 am »

Hmm, I'm not following you.  If I choose "Custom" it doesn't give me a "Is" drop down and then the option to enter a phrase.  It gives me a single text entry field which if I type anything into it and save it the text is broken into individual words.  I noticed the "Custom" option shows up twice in the list but neither of them behaves differently.  Can you be more specific on how I'd get it to behave the way you describe?

CrouchingOwl

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2023, 07:15:42 am »

I just figured it out, took a few tries to find a search syntax.  Apparently what it wanted was choosing the word custom from the drop down list of search items, then entering the search [Custom]="Early Music Collection".  There are two items named Custom in the drop down menu so I am suspicious the programmers intention was that one of them would refer to the tag named custom and another would but a custom search field based on the syntax found here: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/Search_Language.  But instead both "custom" rule types do the advanced syntax language.
Pages: [1]   Go Up