INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Precise verification of running tasks  (Read 421 times)

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Precise verification of running tasks
« on: May 05, 2023, 06:59:02 am »

Is there a way to determine this?  Reporting shows nothing running and I have all import "analyze" options disabled.  Yet, MC is hammering my pi4 (4GB) with a constant 30% usage.  No playback occurring, no clients connected, basically it's just sitting there bouncing anywhere from 10-40% cpu usage.

If I restart mc, it behaves nicely for a bit (30min or so), then starts hammering the cpu.  Reporter shows nothing.  Can't see anything in the log, though it's easy to miss stuff there.

Edit:  running armhf with the 64bit kernel (arm_64bit=1), fwiw
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

max096

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
Re: Precise verification of running tasks
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 08:33:08 am »

Is there a way to determine this?  Reporting shows nothing running and I have all import "analyze" options disabled.  Yet, MC is hammering my pi4 (4GB) with a constant 30% usage.  No playback occurring, no clients connected, basically it's just sitting there bouncing anywhere from 10-40% cpu usage.

If I restart mc, it behaves nicely for a bit (30min or so), then starts hammering the cpu.  Reporter shows nothing.  Can't see anything in the log, though it's easy to miss stuff there.

Edit:  running armhf with the 64bit kernel (arm_64bit=1), fwiw

Hard to say to what extent this really is an issue. For me itīs not using that much ~2-4% ideling for days on a Pi 4 Model B. Reinstalling a clean 64bit system might help as setting the flag just runs the kernel in 64bit but most system utilities stay 32bit. There is not really an easy way to get from 32bit install to a 64bit install without reinstalling the OS.

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Precise verification of running tasks
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2023, 09:32:47 am »

FYI, think I got it sorted.  I had a link on the media server folder "pointing" to an unavailable NFS export elsewhere on the LAN which is, of course, part of the media library and also in the auto import path.  The link server is valid, but the exports path on that server did not exist, which seems to confuse MC/auto import.

Recreated the link on the MC server to the proper export on the remote host and MC is back in 1% idle mode.
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s
Pages: [1]   Go Up