INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: WDM in MC 31 no longer working after uninstalling earlier versions of MC  (Read 479 times)

Cinelder

• World Citizen

I am running MC 31.0.5 on Windows 11 and normally run other Windows application sound through the MC WDM driver.   I have had MC versions 25-31 installed on my PC.  I uninstalled versions 25-29 this morning (but not MC 30), and, while the WDM setting is still checked in MC 31, the option of sending the sound through MC no longer appears in Windows sound settings, although it is selected in Tools/Options/General/Features in MC 31.

On another Windows 11 PC, I also had previous versions of MC installed along with the latest MC 31. I have not uninstalled the 25-29 MC versions on this PC   With MC 31, the WDM driver works normally with other Windows applications.  The Windows 11 sound setting displays "JRiver "Media Center 25".

As the WDM driver was working fine on the first PC before I uninstalled MC versions 25-29, no longer appears after I uninstalled MC 25, I'm wondering if the two are related and what might be done to restore the WDM function.  (Postscript: After I downloaded and re-installed the last version of MC 25 (64-bit), the option to send audio through MC again appears in Windows 11 sound settings, is displayed as JRiver Media Center 25 in Windows 11 sound settings, and again works in MC 31 normally after closing MC 25).

Please advise.

rids57

• Recent member

Same happened to me when I uninstalled MC30. I just unticked the WDM feature in MC31, closed and restarted MC31, ticked the WDM function, closed and restarted and it's working fine again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up