INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems streaming audio from MC on a MacMini by DLNA  (Read 373 times)

dpfels

• Recent member
Problems streaming audio from MC on a MacMini by DLNA
« on: May 13, 2023, 04:45:36 pm »

Hi,
I am starting to rethink how I am organizing the distribution of my various music files to destinations for playback.  Previously, I had a NAS that served up music by DLNA for access to various streamers.  I now see that MC can handle that function in a more-robust fashion.  I have imported music from my NAS (mounted as a drive on my MacMini) into MC with the goal of using MC as my central server ("Device") for music distribution.

There appear to be several gaps in how MC replaces my NAS as the DLNA server (Device).  First, my regular FLAC files (ripped CDs) can be played as expected on my Cambridge Audio streamer - using the manufacturer's controller software  (StreamMagic App on my iPhone).  However, high-def audio files (96KHz and 192KHz FLAC files) do not play as expected (they don't play at all) and the track filenames do not appear in the streamer's controller software. I am able to push these files using the MC (MCWS) web interface, but the file names are still missing.  This suggests that my streamer can handle these files.  I would add that my streamer can also play these files at full resolution directly from my NAS DLNA, so it is not a limitation of the DAC in this box.

Additionally, I cannot see my custom views from MC on the software used by my streamer.  I have added the custom views under Options>Media Network>Advanced> Customize views for JRemote ...  However, I can only see the default views (Album, Artist, etc).

This is a fairly long email, but I guess I am wondering: can this only be corrected by using JRemote?  Are there settings under Options that I have missed?  The missing track names are still an issue, even if I control everything from the MC web interface, so I suspect that there are several issues at play here.

Any pointers would be appreciated!
Thanks,
Dan

dpfels

• Recent member
Re: Problems streaming audio from MC on a MacMini by DLNA
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 05:15:18 pm »

OK - I have answered one of these questions myself:
The problem with streaming the High Definition audio files was the same as the issue with the "Name" field.  Apparently, "Name" is the Tag that is used for the track name (I thought it was "Filename (name)".
The simple fix was to correct the Name field by replacing it using the expression "=[Filename /(name/)]".  The audio files can now be streamed to my Cambridge audio box.

This still leaves me with the second question: Is there a way to share a custom view via DLNA or does this require JRemote? 
Thanks,
Dan

dpfels

• Recent member
Re: Problems streaming audio from MC on a MacMini by DLNA
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2023, 10:17:24 am »

OK - Problem solved!
Updated to version 31 (not sure if that was critical).
Added views under Options>Media Network>Advanced>Customize views...
Restarted media server.
Custom views now appear in both the Web interface and in the controller software for my DLNA streamer (Cambridge Audio).

I believe I did all of this before (see my original post).  Not sure why it didn't work the first time.

Thanks!
Dan
Pages: [1]   Go Up