INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Rip not working  (Read 500 times)

dpfels

• Recent member
Auto Rip not working
« on: May 29, 2023, 07:00:47 am »

Hi,
I seem to be having trouble with getting MC31 to auto-rip my CDs.

I am fairly new to MC as a whole.  I am running the current version of MC31 (31.0.12) on a MacMini M2 running the current version of Ventura (13.3.1).  I am using an external DVD/CD RW external drive for CDs.

I have set MC as the default for audio disks on Mac settings and set the auto-rip option (along with the other automatic options for looking up CD info, etc.) under options.

So far, inserting a disk does not initiate ripping.  To rip the disk, I need to click several times in different places, including Actions>Rip, Drives&Devices>CD.  After waiting a while for the new disk to load and its info to populate, I can click on Rip to rip the disk.

I would note that I can go directly to Drives&Devices>CD once the CD is inserted.  However, I then need to click “Rip” twice.  The first click opens the Rip CD window in the lower left, the second click initiates CD ripping.

What am I missing here?  This is a lot of clicks (and waiting) for a task that should be fairly automatic (if the auto-rip settings worked).

Thanks,
Dan

dpfels

• Recent member
Re: Auto Rip not working
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2023, 10:09:28 am »

Giving this a bump, since I would love to fix this, if possible.

I have tested granting MC31 full disk access under the Ventura security settings (this was already turned on, but I turned it off to see if this had an impact - it made things worse).

Is it possible that Auto Rip doesn’t work with non-Apple DVD/CD drives?  If so, that’s a bummer. In any case, the requirement to click so many buttons to get the ripping started is unnecessary.  I am hoping that this can be fixed in a future revision.
Thanks,
Dan

bob

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 05:38:03 pm »

Ripping on Mac is a lot better than it was but there still could be issues like this.

The system setting for this should probably be, on inserting a audio disk, to "do nothing". MC should be able to pick it up on it's own.

Will check into this when time allows.

dpfels

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2023, 04:50:47 pm »

Thanks!
Yes - I tried it on "do nothing" (and in "open other applications" pointing to MC31).  In both cases, MC31 doesn't seem to recognize that there is a disk until I click on the DVD drive under "Drives & Devices".  At that point, it scans the disk, but doesn't start to rip until I click on the button.

I appreciate any help with this.

Best,
Dan

AGAWA

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 02:26:29 am »

Thanks!
Yes - I tried it on "do nothing" (and in "open other applications" pointing to MC31).  In both cases, MC31 doesn't seem to recognize that there is a disk until I click on the DVD drive under "Drives & Devices".  At that point, it scans the disk, but doesn't start to rip until I click on the button.

I appreciate any help with this.

Best,
Dan

perhaps this will help?
https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php/topic,130717.msg907010.html#msg907010

dpfels

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2023, 11:39:18 am »

Tried fixing file/disk access.  Did not fix the problem.
I suspect that it has something to do with a third party DVD drive and how it is recognized by Mac OS and MC31, but not positive.
Pages: [1]   Go Up