INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Analyzing audio  (Read 408 times)

Captor

• Citizen of the Universe
Analyzing audio
« on: May 30, 2023, 10:51:22 am »

After reinstallation of MC30 I have import all the 15 000+ flac files and then after that the analyzing started.
Why are not all 15 000+ files being analyzed but only 911?
And sometimes it hangs at 9 out of 911 so I had to restart.
JRiver for music

Captor

Re: Analyzing audio
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2023, 02:06:34 pm »

One hour later it looks like this and I have problem with MC hanging. When I turn off the analyzing MC works fine again. It means I can not analyzing audio for some reason. Any idea about this, please?
JRiver for music

blgentry

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2023, 02:17:02 pm »

When I upgrade MC from one version to another, I always restore a database backup with:
File > Library > Restore Library

That way I do not have to do an import of any of my media.  The db restore has all of my original entries.  If you can do this, it's a cleaner way to get your MC media back to where it was before your upgrade.

Otherwise, it sounds like many of your files have already been analyzed and that data has been written to the files.  That is probably why they are not in the analyze queue.  The analyze audio function is known to hang on "bad files".  It's a frequent source of trouble during import.  I would try to isolate which file(s) are causing the hang using a binary search technique. 

I would highlight half of the files that need to be analyzed and try them.  If they finish, I'd highlight half of what is left.  Continue this until you find the file or files that are causing the hang.  You likely have one or more damaged or bad files.

Best of luck.

Brian.

Captor

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2023, 02:53:31 pm »

Dear Brian, thanks for answering. I did not know that it is a common problem. with hanging during import.

I did the import right after the installation when MC ask for importing files. I then stop the process down in the left corner and chose to only import files from the single folder where my flac files are. They are on another hard drive. I then also chose analyzing audio at the same time and then start the importing. Same as File > Import > Import a single Folder. Then there is the problem with analyzing audio.

Then after that I use to restore the Library (+settings and playlists) same as you said by choosing Library > Backup and Restore > and Restore Library and then I choose the latest Library Backup that I have saved on a different hard drive also. That part is no problem. The problem is when I do the first part and Import a Single folder.

Are you saying that if you chose File > Library > Restore Library, that the flac files imports automatically?
That would really be great. In that case I think I will do it all over again and do it your way. Sound like more easy and clean as you say.

Best Regards
Andreas (Captor)
JRiver for music

blgentry

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2023, 03:29:39 pm »

When you restore the library, all the files you used to have imported will be added again.  It's fairly instant because it's just restoring the database.  It's like getting the import "for free" (zero time).  Definitely give it a try.

Brian.

Captor

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2023, 05:39:31 am »

Dear Brian,
I now uninstalled MC and installed it once again and imported / restored same as you instructed and that was amazingly simple and quick! It took maybe 1 sec. Why did I not know this before? :-) Look like I have done the process more complicated then necessary. Thank you very much for explaining that to me! Very much appreciated.

Best Regards
Andreas
JRiver for music

blgentry

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2023, 07:32:41 am »

Awesome!  I'm glad I could help you out.  :)

Take care,
Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up