INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is this correct?  (Read 730 times)

paruggeri

• Recent member
Is this correct?
« on: June 09, 2023, 03:14:37 pm »

Hello All,

I use a URC-MX980 to control my main system. If I understand correctly, I can buy a USB FLIRC for my laptop and with some programming (not sure of that yet) be able to control JRiver using my MX-980? I am just curious if anyone may have a similar working setup, before I spend the money?

Thanks for your guidance.

Pete

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Is this correct?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2023, 03:47:55 pm »

I own several FLIRCs.  You can map a remote control button to a keyboard sequence.  So, if you can control MC with a keyboard, and do everything you want, then you can program a FLIRC to have a remote control do the same thing.

I tried this with MC some time ago and was somewhat successful.  The difficulty for me was in using the operating system to launch MC, set the screen to display on, and that kind of thing.  For that I really needed a mouse and keyboard. 

You should try running MC with just a keyboard.  If you can do that to your satisfaction, then you can do the same thing with a FLIRC and a remote control.

BTW, I also use a URC remote:  The MX-450 .  But not with MC.

Brian.

paruggeri

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2023, 04:06:26 pm »

Thanks for your input, Brian.

dtc

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2023, 05:47:29 pm »

Do you have the programming software for the MX-980? It is not generally available to most end users.

paruggeri

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2023, 10:08:33 am »

Yes. I have been programming my own URC remotes for years. URC gave me access to their dealer portal right before the update that locked most end users out of the program. I was a bit shocked. Everything is working great.

However, it seems that navigation only works in Theater View. If I switch to Standard View, none of the navigation controls work. It is not a big deal because I really only use Theater View in this application, but it is odd. Any ideas?

blgentry

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2023, 08:50:04 am »

I'm guessing you mean that the arrow keys (on the keyboard) don't do what you expect in Standard View.  It (standard view) is not really designed for simple keyboard navigation.  It has a LOT of keyboard shortcuts available.  But not really designed for "4 arrows and enter" like Theater view is.

I would recommend mapping a key (in FLIRC for your remote) that changes to Theater view.  Control-4 is the keyboard shortcut.  That way you never get "stuck" in Standard View and can do what you expect in Theater View instead.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up