INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Library scan skipping over filenames with special character?  (Read 362 times)

Cooksons

• Recent member

Hello, I have been happily using JRiver Media Center for ~5 years now, and I run a Master License on both Mac and Windows to organize my music library.  I am running Mac version 30.0.97 and Win version 30.0.96.

Today I scanned (using Library>Import...>Run Auto-Import Now) and tagged ~500 tracks into my library.  I encountered a new issue with the Mac installation not recognizing (i.e. skipping over) all tracks of the new Sigur Rós album at path:

.../Sigur Rós/Átta [24-Bit_48 kHz PCM]

What's strange is that the Win installation scans them into my library just fine.  Also, another album resides alongside this album and uses the same "Á" character:

.../Sigur Rós/Ágætis Byrjun [CD]

This latter album was read in perfectly by previous versions of both MC Win and Mac.

Any idea if the most recent Mac version has issues with reading special characters?

Thank you,

Scott

Cooksons

• Recent member
Re: Library scan skipping over filenames with special character?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2023, 01:30:12 am »

So I just changed the file path character from "Á" to "A" and repeated the library import on Mac.  It properly added all album tracks to my library.  This indeed seems like a special character issue on Mac, but I don't understand why it's apparently a new issue.

Cooksons

• Recent member
Re: Library scan skipping over filenames with special character?
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2023, 12:22:18 pm »

Another update:  After changing the path to "A" and scanning into the Mac library (see previous post), I used the RM&CF function to change the path back to "Á" per the album tag.  Media Center Mac now sees all album tracks fine with the special character in the file path.

Upon re-scanning, Media Center Win didn't even notice the change from "Á" to "A" back to "Á."  Throughout, it recognized the album tracks with the special character in the file path.

Seems like weird file path behavior on Mac, but everything seems to be working now.
Pages: [1]   Go Up