INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: JRiver loses connection when switching LAN/WLAN  (Read 385 times)

hjreuter

• Recent member
JRiver loses connection when switching LAN/WLAN
« on: June 19, 2023, 02:00:02 am »

Dear all,

I have been using Media Center since version 5 or 6, already for a long time. My primary focus is still my audio library which currently consist of more than 220k audio files.

Video is not my focus, just for self recorded videos. It would be more if you would handle PPR videos as well.

But I would like to complain about primary functions of audio playback, here especially of JREMOTE, where you are losing focus to support "the basics".

Let me explain:
JREMOTE is my primary App to play audio wherever I am, this is e.g.
sitting in any room in my house
walking the dogs
driving car
walking by myself
working in the office (linked to a bluetoth audio receiver and an amplifier)
and last but not least: doing sport in my personal fitness center
I have several problems and also one favorite request:
problem: changing from WLAN to LAN (like LTE) the app typically react with "streaming error" and you can get rid of this only by restarting the app
very hugh problem: the media center does not recognize all my devices in my house - SPOTIFY does without breaks, problems and recognize ALL devices

My devices in my house are:
2x TEUFEL One M (stereo pair)
1x TEUFEL One S
1x TEUFEL Streamer
1x RAUMFELD M Wlan-Speaker
2x RAUMFELD Streamer
2x SONOS One (stereo pair)
2x AMAZON Echo 3rd Gen (stereo pair)
1x AMAZON Echo
1x AMAZON Echo Plus
1x AMAZON Dot 1st Gen
1x AMAZON Do 2nd Gen
As I said, SPOTIFY recognize them all and immediately, but not Media Center. Even after restarting the server, it only recognize a few of the TEUFEL device, never SONOS Stereo correctly and only AMAZON Echo 3rd Gen (one device).

And it is getting worse...
(Media Center 28, JREMOTE 3.37)

My absolutely urgent request is to handle additional information in a list of files. E.g. I use the App on the bike in my fitness room. Here I want to step in sync with the music and need the BPM information in the list. It currently works only when I push the INFO button at each file. Too much work.

If this is all about my knowledge, pls. also advice
Pages: [1]   Go Up