INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New audio routing product from Voicemeeter  (Read 1004 times)

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
New audio routing product from Voicemeeter
« on: June 30, 2023, 08:30:24 am »

Just starting an ''open beta'....

https://vb-audio.com/Matrix/index.htm

eve

Re: New audio routing product from Voicemeeter
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2023, 04:58:09 pm »

Just starting an ''open beta'....

https://vb-audio.com/Matrix/index.htm

Thanks for the heads up. I currently use Voicemeeter Banana on my day to day workstation to route regular desktop audio into my Dante ASIO device. This might be what I'm looking for since I don't need a bunch of the Voicemeeter features.
On like endpoints and spun up systems I just use VAC to create / route devices cleanly. It's *super* in depth and does things no other system will let you do. It's like the backbone for my internal VSC implementation that I use to get Windows system's into an AES67 network.

newsposter

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 04:19:13 pm »

Since VM deliberately mentioned Ableton Live, I an cautiously optimistic about the Matrix router.  Ableton in all of it's iterations is famously intolerant of working with other programs that do not work EXACTLY as expected.  It's kind of a benchmark program for overall compatibility between audio apps.

eve

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2023, 04:32:48 pm »

Since VM deliberately mentioned Ableton Live, I an cautiously optimistic about the Matrix router.  Ableton in all of it's iterations is famously intolerant of working with other programs that do not work EXACTLY as expected.  It's kind of a benchmark program for overall compatibility between audio apps.

Voicemeeter is quite compatible with for example 'wonky' ASIO implementations out of the box. I've had a ton of success with VAC but frankly you *know* if you need VAC for the specific thing you're trying to do. Otherwise Voicemeeter should handle everything. There's a reason it's what I use on my primary, day to day 'workstation' for simple routing. Essentially, Audinate's Dante VSC driver is *phenomenal* when you're using it in ASIO mode (like, it took me *ages* to implement my own version for windows) , but WASAPI leaves a lot to be desired since it just creates a bunch of stereo devices. When I need desktop audio (so gaming or applications that lack ASIO) I use Voicemeeter's 'virtual' output as my windows output device, and in Banana just copy the in > dante's ASIO driver. It's latency is fine for gaming on a 120hz display (and it's a testament to how incredible AES67 alike realtime audio transport is)

As I said, like on VMs, and purpose specific devices that have to run Windows (like media renderers or the gaming instances) , I just use my own AES67 implementation with VAC handling the sink device.
Pages: [1]   Go Up