INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No audio after playing some movies  (Read 360 times)

curiousMonkey

• Galactic Citizen
No audio after playing some movies
« on: September 15, 2023, 10:05:00 am »

Within the last year I have noticed an intermittent problem with surround sound audio from movies. It may be related to Atmos but I can say for certain if that is true. The latest failure was an Atmos movie. This seems odd because I assume the bitstream is just passed directly from JRiver to the preamp over HDMI.

Sometimes after watching a video, I get no audio when I start another movie or restart the same movie.
Initially I thought the problem was related to my Marantz preamp but I am seeing the same issue now with my Anthem AVM 70.

Switching inputs on the preamp does not help.
If I play a music track (PCM stereo), the sound will come back on and then I can restart the movie with audio.

Has anyone else seen this?
HTPC - Windows 11 64-bit Minisforum MS-01

JVC NX7, Panamorph Paladin DCR, Stewart ST130 G4 140" 2.4:1, Anthem AVM 70, Aerial Acoustics 7T/7CC/10T, Rythmik F18 (2), Paradigm Servo-15, MiniDSP 2x4 HD, Sony UBP-X800 Mk2

murray

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: No audio after playing some movies
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 01:11:02 pm »

Within the last year I have noticed an intermittent problem with surround sound audio from movies. It may be related to Atmos but I can say for certain if that is true. The latest failure was an Atmos movie. This seems odd because I assume the bitstream is just passed directly from JRiver to the preamp over HDMI.

Sometimes after watching a video, I get no audio when I start another movie or restart the same movie.
Initially I thought the problem was related to my Marantz preamp but I am seeing the same issue now with my Anthem AVM 70.

Switching inputs on the preamp does not help.
If I play a music track (PCM stereo), the sound will come back on and then I can restart the movie with audio.

Has anyone else seen this?

Yes me too, its been happening to me for some time! A week ago I just changed my preamp from the McIntosh MX-160 to the Lyngdorf MP-60 2.1 and still it happens. I dont understand why??? Often I start a film and I have no audio, I then stop it and start again, then I have audio, I wonder what causes this?

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 01:35:51 pm »

HDMI?

murray

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 01:47:53 pm »

Yes HDMI