INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumb drives and Uconnect  (Read 664 times)

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
Thumb drives and Uconnect
« on: September 16, 2023, 04:37:13 pm »

I feel REALLY stupid sometimes.  This time it's for our Jeep but, every time i try and do a thumb drive for a vehicle it likes to beat me to death.  Been trying for three days this time.  All of the music shows up and I can sort by name or whatever.  The problem is with playlists.  Car can't seem to see them. 

This is from a playlist on the old drive that works saved as MU3:
 .\..\Music\Hootie & the Blowfish\Cracked Rear View\Hootie & the Blowfish-Only Wanna Be With You.flac
.\..\Music\Van Halen\Live_ Right Here, Right Now [CD] Disc 1\Van Halen-Poundcake.flac

I can't seem to recreate this format and I've tried every option in the drop down.  What should the playlist format be?
Thanks!

Well, I just got the playlist to look the same and on the new one I select playlist on the car and nothings there..  Even more clueless now.....

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
Re: Thumb drives and Uconnect
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2023, 05:00:24 pm »

Hard to believe that since Sep, nobody has tried to use a USB in a Uconnect car...

BryanC

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 09:02:57 am »

I feel REALLY stupid sometimes.  This time it's for our Jeep but, every time i try and do a thumb drive for a vehicle it likes to beat me to death.  Been trying for three days this time.  All of the music shows up and I can sort by name or whatever.  The problem is with playlists.  Car can't seem to see them. 

This is from a playlist on the old drive that works saved as MU3:
 .\..\Music\Hootie & the Blowfish\Cracked Rear View\Hootie & the Blowfish-Only Wanna Be With You.flac
.\..\Music\Van Halen\Live_ Right Here, Right Now [CD] Disc 1\Van Halen-Poundcake.flac

I can't seem to recreate this format and I've tried every option in the drop down.  What should the playlist format be?
Thanks!

Well, I just got the playlist to look the same and on the new one I select playlist on the car and nothings there..  Even more clueless now.....

I believe that's the default m3u8 format, i.e. relative, with a leading dot.

zybex

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 09:14:36 am »

Double check if the extension on the working playlist is the same as the non-working (m3u vs m3u8?). Maybe there's a second extension hidden by windows.

Open the .m3u file in Notepad++ or some other good editor and check if the line endings are CR or CRLF. Notepad++ can convert them.

Check if the relative paths are really pointing to the correct folder/files. ".\..\Music\" works only if the music files are inside a \Music folder, and the playlist is on the same folder or on another folder at the same level as that \Music one.

boydn

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 04:49:46 pm »

Thanks, it looks like it is really the car.  Sometimes it works and sometimes not.  I ended up unplugging the USB and putting it back in twice and it worked.  I have no idea how many times I've formatted and recreated this darn thing for it not to work.  Lots and lots of effort for nothing.  Just unplug and plug it in until it works.....
Pages: [1]   Go Up