INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tagging of MKV-files like FLAC-files / Both kind of files under "Music"  (Read 317 times)

TristanG

• Junior Woodchuck

Dear MC-folks, in my post from 02/19/2023, I wrote:

"For classical listeners like me, it's important to have the same usability for MKV-files like with FLAC-files. Therefore it would be great to have under options the possibility to deactivate the main category "Video" and instead the listing of my MKV-files for each title like the FLAC-files in the same category "Music\Album (Music\Artists, Music\Conductors and so on)", since they are music-files (only with additional motion pictures) and often I hear them without switching the TV on. Maybe I have to explain, that I've ripped the dvd's by title. For e.g. a concert of a classical pianist with several composers: The played sonata is one piece, therefore one file (prior a "mini-dvd/bd" because of the chapters, with MKVs it's possible to have only one MKV-file including the chapters), an etude from Chopin is another title, therefore another file (mpeg/mkv). With the MKVs, it's not longer necessary to use the Sidecar.xml, even the cover can be included like in FLAC-files - JRiver only has to support this correct (compatibilty with the tagging of FLAC-files, in this case with the abovementioned MP3Tag)!"

I really would appreciate it, if you guys could make available the full metadata functionality from the FLAC-files also for the MKVs, like MP3Tag does it.

So far, for each "Album", I use a separate playlist with the MKV-files in it, like the titles/files in a FLAC-album.

1. The huge disadvantage is, that I cannot use the search for both - Music and playlists - at the same time in standard view (unlike in Gizmo!).

2. Another point is double work: Since I'm tagging each MKV exactly the same way like a FLAC-file and since MC doesn't read all the tags from the MKV, additionally I have to use the Tag-editor from MC for the lost metadata.

3. Furthermore (and that's really annoying), it's not possible to tag all the content like in the FLACs in the "Video"-section, even using MCs Tag-editor. I have a lot of user defined tag fields like "conductor", but also standard fields like "Album" which doesn't work.

Please put this under "urgent" on your feature request list - many thanks in advance!

Tristan
Pages: [1]   Go Up