INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Quick Delete  (Read 248 times)

soundslikehollis

• Recent member
Quick Delete
« on: October 12, 2023, 12:51:09 pm »

While mastering, I often want to throw the tracks I am working on into JRiver as a check. I find both the Analyze Audio function very valuable, I also like playing my clients flies back to back with similar genres. When I am done, I want to delete the tracks from my library. What is the fastest way to do this? These are .wav files with no artist or album information, so I cant search for the album and delete it that way. Right clicking on the files in Playing Now, has "remove from list", same goes for playlist.

For my my workaround is to rename the album to a junk name, find that junk name under Panes, then delete from there. But thats a lot of steps.

Is there a faster way to delete an album with zero artist or album info?

Dawgincontrol

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • We have met the enemy and he is us.
Re: Quick Delete
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2023, 01:07:45 pm »

Actually you could search for them that way. 

In standard view click on either the album or artist header and it will resequence them.  Those with no data will either be at the top or bottom, grouped together.  Add the field by right clicking the header if it's not there on yours.  I view mine as categories which makes it easier to find.

blgentry

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Quick Delete
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2023, 01:12:16 pm »

It would be good to put these temporary tracks in their own temporary directory with the same name always.  "masteringpreviews" for example.  Something you can search for and easily find.

If that's not practical, the closest thing I can come up with is:

<right click> Locate > Advanced > Filname (path)

That will bring up everything in that directory that MC knows about, which should contain the album and hopefully nothing else.  From there just select and delete.

Brian.
Pages: [1]   Go Up