INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Images on Client  (Read 903 times)

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Problems with Images on Client
« on: October 13, 2023, 02:02:29 pm »

I am trying to use Images in a Server/Client setup and having some difficulties. The Client is showing my images from the server fine but problems deleting and cropping from client. These are the only things I have tried on the client so far. MC 31.0.68

1. Delete from client:
     Right click Delete, Remove from library and delete from disk. Image is gone on client but not server.
     Got message: Changes are only accepted from authorized clients. I did a Delete earlier and it did
     delete from the server. Have tried several times since. @Server Media network Authentication is
     checked.

2. Crop an image at Client. Some weirdness on saving crop, but main problem is same as deleting an
     image - Authenticating problem.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
Re: Problems with Images on Client
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2023, 07:19:03 pm »

I installed MC31 on another win10 PC as a Client. From it I CAN Delete and Crop images and they show on the Server. I probably have a network issue on my Wife's Client so will try to troubleshoot that.

There is an issue with the cropping though. The crop shows fine on the Server. On the client the thumbnail doesn't show it. However if I hover on the thumb the enlarged image shows it. Also it shows the crop when I hit Play. It is not usable this way because in browsing through the thumbnails it doesn't show the updated image on the Client.

I just tried to send an email with the cropped image and it does show cropped. This is important because the Client will be my wife's PC and she will be doing cropping and emailing of images.

I understand there is a good effort underway to improve images. Hopefully this cropping issue can be fixed.

Cheers,
Rod

Thanks,
Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 08:36:48 am »

Is this just an issue with thumbnails?  Does re-building the thumbnail help?
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 01:49:42 pm »

Thanks for replying Yaobing. Not sure what you mean by "Is this just an issue with thumbnails?"

Not sure how to "Rebuild" the thumbnail. I see "Build missing thumbnails". Is that what you mean?

I turned the Client back on and this time it showed the crop. I did a new crop at the Client and it showed on the Client & Server.  Then did a different crop at the server and it only showed when hovering or Playing.

It seems that to always show the thumbnail on the other PC (client or server) I need to go to edit or edit on another image or close and reopen the program, etc. It seems like it needs a trigger to make the crop show on the thumbnail. I would think that doing a "Save and Exit" in the Editor should be enough of a trigger.

Thanks, Rod

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Dogs of the world unite!
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2023, 09:00:03 pm »

We ran some tests and have seen issues on clients, and we are searching for a solution.

On a client, if you crop an image, the thumbnail does not get updated.  The cropping itself is OK (meaning the if you play the image, or show a preview of it, the cropped image is shown).  It is just the thumbnail that does not get updated.

If the client is authenticated, the change you make on the client will be synchronized to the server too (but the server thumbnail is not updated either).  The synchronization may happen automatically if you have the auto sync option on (and syncing happens appropriately every two minutes), otherwise you need to manually sync.

Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2023, 10:21:13 pm »

Thanks very much for getting right on this Yaobing! Your observations are exactly the same as mine. Hopefully it's not a difficult fix. :)

Cheers, Rod

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2023, 08:36:51 pm »

Please test the latest build.  It synchronizes the edit after you make it.  Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2023, 10:48:09 pm »

Hi Matt - I have been testing it today and really appreciate the prompt action by JRiver. I will give you some details tomorrow.

Thanks,
Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2023, 02:25:33 pm »

Ok, with latest version cropping shows fine on the PC it was done on and others - Clients or Server. But it only seems to work consistently, ie showing the crop on the other PCs if I do the following after cropping:
1. Click Apply.
2. Click Save and tick Save Changes in Library only. Then in the same selection box at "Save mode when using 'Save & Exit' command" select "Save changes in library only", then OK.
3. Click on Save & Exit. All is good then, except having to click Save and then Save & Exit and that seems odd. Perhaps I have overlooked another simpler way.

Found an issue when deleting images:
1. Selected 1 or more images and deleted them.
2, Waited quite awhile and the deletions did not sync to other PCs, at least they didn't show it.
3. Moved the mouse and they no longer showed, except for boxes where they had been.
4. If I go to another view and back the boxes are gone.

Cheers,
Rod

nwboater

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2023, 02:55:46 pm »

I reviewed my post above on saving crops. As long as the Save settings remain as I said in #2, future Saves can be done by only clicking on Save & Exit. If editing multiple images each should be Saved and then when done editing do a Save & Exit. I now understand why it was built with the two different Saves.

On the Deleting issue it isn't a real problem, just the behavior seems odd.

Thanks again to Yaobing for fixing the the Cropping problem.
Pages: [1]   Go Up