INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Old Version, can't access online database now?  (Read 321 times)

MuseChaser

• Recent member
Old Version, can't access online database now?
« on: October 13, 2023, 03:06:15 pm »

I purchased MC21 many years ago, and have been very happy with it.  The only thing I use it for is ripping and redoing the tags before storing my CDs onto my NAS for playback using Runeaudio on various Raspberry Pi boxes throughout my home, and for the purpose it works wonderfully; never saw any reason or need to upgrade. I love the ease of tagging and accessing various FLAC and file location options. I do NOT need, nor desire, any of the other playback and media center functions, so never felt the need to upgrade.

Today, for the first time in probably a few months, I started ripping a pile of newly acquired CDs and discovered an unwelcome message; "Versions prior to MC27 can no longer access the online database."... or something like that.  The first CD I ripped, Michael Brecker's "Pilgrimage," however, pulled up all of the data except the cover art.  The second one I tried, Brad Mehldau's "Anything Goes," pulled up absolutely nothing, so I guess the threat is true.  Very disappointed. 

To make matter's worse, I couldn't remember my password to this board since I haven't used it in years, and the email I used when I registered the product originally and for this board is one I closed years ago. Couldn't even reset the password.  Fortunately, on try number seven, (lucky seven), I got in to post this request for help.

SOooo.. what's a guy to do?  Be forced to upgrade in order to receive the service I paid for and have been receiving, and pay for features I'll never use? 

Any answers?  Would appreciate any help, either on this database issue or on how to update to a new email when the old one no longer exists.

Thanks in advance for any help.

tzr916

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
JRiverMC v32 •Windows 10 Pro 64bit •Defender Exclusions •ṈŘ 3rd party AV
•ASUS TUF gaming WiFi z590 •Thermaltake Toughpower GX2 600W
•i7-11700k @ 3.6GHz~5GHz •32GB PC4-25600 DDR4
•OS on Crucial P5 Plus M.2 PCIe Gen4 •Tv Recordings on SATA 6TB WD Red Pro
•4 OTA & 6 CableCard SiliconDust Tuners
•nVidia RTX2060 •XBR65Z9D •AVRX3700H •Fluance 7.2.2 [FH]
•SMP1000DSPѫeD A3-300[RSS315HE-22] •SPA300DѫYSTSW215[15-PRX8S4]
Pages: [1]   Go Up