INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to hide playlist files from the audio view?  (Read 235 times)

rickstamatic

How to hide playlist files from the audio view?
« on: November 10, 2023, 05:39:17 am »

I currently have two libraries and I'm wondering if there is a way I can combine them without them impacting each other.

My flac library was all done in MC so is well organised and I browse it by Artists.

My mp3 library is based on playlists from 20 years ago all created in windows media player. It works fine if used as intended and I just browse the imported playlists. If I go to the audio section and browse by artist etc it's an unusable mess.

What I would like is to have a single library where I can browse my imported playlists in the playlists section but not have any of those files show up in the audio section (so I can browse just my flacs there). Is it possible to somehow import playlist files so they can be used but not have the audio files in those playlists be added to the main audio library section?

rec head

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to hide playlist files from the audio view?
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2023, 06:12:02 am »

I haven't really done much with MC in a couple years besides select and play tracks but I'm pretty sure you can setup a new Library View by right clicking on the Audio heading in the left column. Then you can set this view to display whatever you want.

rickstamatic

Re: How to hide playlist files from the audio view?
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2023, 07:39:03 am »

Not sure how I missed it the first time but I found a bit on files to display and a filter to exclude playlists! thanks
Pages: [1]   Go Up